Say it or not???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2004, 14:43   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Say it or not????

This is something thats been bugging me for a long time...At work ..are you terrific at what you do?Then someone comes and tries to be unreasonable?

Do you own your own business?And people point the finger at you unjustifiably?? Does a bad attitude from someone else really take you to a point that you just have to correct them?And offend them at the same time by doing this without being personal?
Sometimes though I have found that by keeping it all inside that the same person who was ticking me off came out to help me out of the blue??
I mean what is that?
What the heck does mean??
The guy who was busting your chops reaches out and can help you???And if you had said 1 word to them they would have never reached out to help...1 degree from total disaster ..and bang they saved you...

Is it better to keep ones opinions to oneself?
Sometimes you feel that you must defend yourself from assumptions that people make...they try to undermine you do you fight or do you flee...??
I tend to say dont say anyting bad about anyone even if they are wrong....and those who wrongly judge you have already got you burning at the steak ..so talking to them will make no difference!!
Has anyone any pearls of wisdon or experiences theyd like to share>?
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004, 17:51   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: Say it or not????

Given the lack of replies, I'm not the only one who's thinking .

However, if someone is a dick I will let them know.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 22:26   #3 (permalink)
Krissy

Huh?

AU_Fairmont -S- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 22:50   #4 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Soz guys bad expression.....dont post after a heavy night!!
Basically what I am trying to say is when do you think you should tell some one off? Or is it better to keep quiet??? Do we have more to lose by speaking up for ourselves or better to keep quiet.? (Too many words in first post ...soz..)
Old 09-28-2004, 23:10   #5 (permalink)
Another Ford Driver

It would probably depend on the mentality of each person. eg. for me honesty is very important, but so is not hurting anyone without a good reason, so wether i gave someone an earbashing for being a prick/moron would depend on the situation. As for the possibility that offending them may stop them from helping me in the future, if they're a big enough prick to cop a blasting from me then chances are i wouldn't accept their help if it was offered.

Anyway, you've definitely got too much time on your hands if you're pondering this sorta shite. Sounds like these dudes i know who are majoring in philosophy, trying to have a conversation with any of them makes my head hurt. :-)
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 23:11   #6 (permalink)
Another Ford Driver

btw, that first post is damned good spelling for a drunken post!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 00:18   #7 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaman

Anyway, you've definitely got too much time on your hands if you're pondering this sorta shite. Sounds like these dudes i know who are majoring in philosophy, trying to have a conversation with any of them makes my head hurt. :-)
Heheh...nup ...Im just trying to see how people handle different situations..
I have been for a long time enduring much physical and mental pain since a major accident and for a long time just didnt react to stupid people because conflict is really not worth it.But on some occasions you walk away and they keep trying to get inyour face .
Old 09-29-2004, 00:59   #8 (permalink)

it depends on whether the person in question can handle the truth, some people are better at taking shit in return than others, ie they piss you off, you piss them off niether of you will hold it against you and they will think more of you for giving it back.
OR
they will crack the shits and never talk to you again.
use both methods just be careful who you use them on.
EFECTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:11   #9 (permalink)
Krissy

Useless - I think you think tooooo much!

AU_Fairmont -S- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:56   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

As an apprentice I take whatever I get on the chin. It's pretty easy for me, especially having been in the army.

But trust me, in 3 and a half years there are a few people I'm gonna have a go at!
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub