Scheduled Service Owners Stress - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2003, 16:00   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

frown Scheduled Service Owners Stress

Well my XR6 is up for a 30K service (free as part of the AUII service plan) and i'm planning to get it done sometime this week if possible.
But upon thinking about it, it seems theres more hassles than good. I have a list of things to tell them what not to do with the car and the hassle of watching my car whilst the service is taking place.
Yes i'm very very picky when it comes to looking after cars and for me these scheduled services are a frustrating time.

Here is my list of criterias and my reasons:

1. No oil change as i change the oil myself with Mobil 1 10w-30 ($82.50 per 5litre) every 7.5k. (I have receipts for tbe oil/filter)
Reason: I've seen the mechanics fill the oil over the full mark to the point of 5cm over. Oil filters not tightened properly making a total mess of the engine bay.

2. No car wash and engine bay wash.
Reason: They use sponges that are almost black and the car comes back with mega swirl marks all over the paint. Engine bay, my engine bay i already detailed and cleaned with out mega high pressure water and the degreaser stuff that screws the colour of the plastic and makes a total mess of the engine bay.

3. No Rattle Gun for the wheels.
Reason: Stuffs the locknuts and strips the chrome of them.

4. Prior Inspect of the car with the service advisor.
Reason: I do not want a mark on the car when it comes back from the service.

5. Will have to end up buying 4 wheel nuts to put on temporary so they don't stuff up the security wheel nuts.

So is there anyone else here that worries about there cars at the service, or am i just being to fussy.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2003, 16:04   #2 (permalink)

Yep, i hate taking my XR6 ute in for a service. IT really worries me.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 16:14   #3 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Gary, by no means are you being too fussy.. After all it's your car just make sure you go to a trusted dealer. I have experienced what so called mechanics can do to a car (not at Ford but mechanics all the same) For example, lifting my car by its sill panel... over filling the gearbox till it's almost coming out of the filler tube, smearing grease all over my new carpet and I won't even talk about the motor..... I guess just become best friends with the Ford Dealer and you'll be right, just be sure to let them know what you want and don't want when they touch your car. I'm sure someone here has a trusted dealer... I read it somewhere but can't remember (think it was in Ryde, which is to far for you). One thing I learnt... DO IT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN
Old 01-05-2003, 16:59   #4 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Gary I can sympathsise with you.

When I had the Sprint serviced I'm sure they thought I was a pain in the arse. My critereia was much the same & I stayed with my car, they made me wait in the waiting room but I made sure they knew I was watching them from the door

I was lucky & had the time to do this. I would have hated having to leave her all alone with them.

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 17:44   #5 (permalink)
Crikey

No Gary, you are entitled to your feelings. I'm always very anxious when the XR is at the dealers. Can't wait for the 'free service' regime to finish so that I can take it to someone who I trust.

You are right about the wheel nuts, I have just about had everyone replaced under warranty, the quailty of the chrome plate is crap.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 17:52   #6 (permalink)

Better then the plastic covers Holden put over the nuts they use. Not one holden comes with chrome wheel nuts or wheel locks. I think we have it good.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 17:53   #7 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Its hardly the quality of the chrome plate, its the using of well worn bit that turns the nuts. Using a snug fitting socket would be fine - however this is uncommon in my opinion.

Unfortunately I don't have time to sit around and watch my service center perform work on my new baby. However they can be guarenteed that i'll crack the shits if my car is not returned in the same condition it arrived.

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 19:43   #8 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

I second that Ian, i don't have the time to look over my baby, but 1 mark on it or whatever, LOOK OUT !!!!!
Though I'm lucky i deal with Steve at Garlicks so whatever happens i know it won't be a prob to get things sorted out to my satisfaction............
Old 01-05-2003, 19:48   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Smile

Well just booked my car in for the service next monday at Power Ford. I have mentioned all the criterias to the service advisor was only too happy to carry them out.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 22:17   #10 (permalink)

I have always had the services done at home in my garage. I sit there and have a while i watch them like an eagle and always pull them up if i don't like what there doing.

Most dealerships have this service and there is not much they can't do at your house.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub