Selected quotes from October Wheels on BA
* The BA is the car that can pull Falcon out of its dive.
* Let's be clear right from the start. The BA is one of the newest Falcon's in the nameplate's 42 year lifetime. Even after observing every tantalising moment of the Ford's six month BA striptease, the extent of the Falcon's rejuvenation is surprising. There's more, much more, than expected.
* Even if you've read every word written about the BA so far you will only have a partial picture. There's so much to describe its hard to know where to start.
* Interior. Its carefully crafted classiness makes sitting in any Falcon model - even the XT - a very, very impressive experience. Simply the BA sets a new standard for a locally designed interior.
* the new DOHC 6. It sounds like no other Falcon six you've ever driven.
* The accuracy of the BA's steering (now 2.8 lock to lock) and the car's fluently cohesive handling make it a more agile and accurate Falkcon than ever before.
* Forget everything you've ever heard about Falcon sixes. This one sounds so good, so crisp, so revvy that from the outside you could almost mistake the wail of its big bore oval exhaust for a hard charging BMW 330.
* The most sophisticated engine yet produced in Australia? Ford's Barra 240T turbo six, by a long shot.
* For an engine that snarls so aggressively when provoked with just a dab of wastegate hiss and pop between heavy throttlings, the Turbo cruises briskly with little fuss or noise.
* Overtaking acceleration 80 to 120km/h
Barra 182 - 15.5 secs
Barra 220 - 15.1 secs
Barra 240T - 14.4 secs
* The handling is the real deal too, with a crispness that is remarkable for a thing of its size and weight. Confidently poised and light on its feet, the XR6T's responsive chassis teams with the tactile steering as a seriously driveable combo.
* The standard brakes are mighty arresting, and the optional premium binders even more effective.
FIVE CHANGES THEY REALLY LIKED
1. Better Brakes - Not so long ago falcon brakes were ghastly, fade prone fast wearing junk. Not so any more ....
2. Interior illumination - Simple idea, very effective.
3. Centre console - the BA's console is a great example of practical user friendliness
4. Driver ergonomics -
5. Satin chrome - very subtle and classy.