SERIOUS: need rape report info - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 10:40   #1 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

SERIOUS: need rape report info

i posted on ff a while back about one of my close female friends getting drugged and raped late last year...

we've gotten closer now and we are really good friends. shes like a sister(not entirely ... i wish) to me and i love her to bits..

but as she hasnt filed the police report and it happened in sydney whereas shes in perth.. i dont want to push her into filing it, and well rape councillors normally say not to push either. buuuut , how long can you wait after the crime before you have to report it? with rape being rape normally the woman cant deal with bringing it all up for the report so she needs time.. no doubt the system caters for that.. but how long?

ta.

jamie..

(figured id keep this in dm area since it aint somethin i want anony's to read.)

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)

Last edited by jmartion; 03-31-2004 at 10:46.
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2004, 12:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: SERIOUS: need rape report info

I would think that aslong as she has the evidence, then it's up to her how ever long she wants to wait to file a report.

I know years and years ago when my friend got raped, he went to the police straight away and they did nothing about it. But I would've assumed that the councillors would know a bit about what you've asked?
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 13:10   #3 (permalink)
known as tibbo

the only problem i can see now is its her word against his ( unless she has some good witnesses or evidence as Fordqirl said).. Did she get a medical report? because if not physical evidence would be long past..

Similar thing happened to a mates sister and she was advised to report immediately or it would be hard to get a conviction against the lowlife
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 13:14   #4 (permalink)

a quick result is the best result,but as your friend needs time i didnt think there was a time limit on filing it,the evidence would be long gone unless she got examined.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 13:26   #5 (permalink)
BOFH

There is statute of limitations on Rape or Murder. Therefore she could file it in 30 years time if she wants. Of course, the sooner the better but there is no time limit!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 14:14   #6 (permalink)
gone

Organise for her to go and speak to someone, I gather she needs a couple things sorted before she can go onto the next stage.
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 16:11   #7 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

yeh laurel thats what i was hopin myself..

tibbo i dont know whether shes got at med report from it.. havent really asked coz i dont want to push her on it.. i hope.

hoon yeh definately would be too late now... so i hope theres something already.. otherwise if its word against word, it wont be so easy.

but Casper, THAT is what i wanted to hear.. you couldnt expect some girls to recover from rape very quickly and the sheer turmoil of thinking about it while doing paperwork is tooo much for the poor things to handle so soon after.. only bluddy fair they can take their time..

shes goin to counselling anyways.. she knows what shes gotta do, which is good coz i cant tell her.. but when i see the trauma and stresses she goes through.... i just wanna be able to know that something can be done.. or else i'll be driving around sydney with a sawn off shotgun looking for one particular son of a bitch's crotch.

just makes me sad. and angry. and frustrated.. ans its not even me! ... poor thing. (just to add weight to it, she was a v..)

Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
Old 03-31-2004, 16:19   #8 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

I would suggest to follow the current rape allegations against the footballers, as it appears alot of the victims are coming forward now claiming rape, and they did not report it at the time either.

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:22   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartion
yeh laurel thats what i was hopin myself..

tibbo i dont know whether shes got at med report from it.. havent really asked coz i dont want to push her on it.. i hope.

hoon yeh definately would be too late now... so i hope theres something already.. otherwise if its word against word, it wont be so easy.

but Casper, THAT is what i wanted to hear.. you couldnt expect some girls to recover from rape very quickly and the sheer turmoil of thinking about it while doing paperwork is tooo much for the poor things to handle so soon after.. only bluddy fair they can take their time..

shes goin to counselling anyways.. she knows what shes gotta do, which is good coz i cant tell her.. but when i see the trauma and stresses she goes through.... i just wanna be able to know that something can be done.. or else i'll be driving around sydney with a sawn off shotgun looking for one particular son of a bitch's crotch.

just makes me sad. and angry. and frustrated.. ans its not even me! ... poor thing. (just to add weight to it, she was a v..)
Well all you can do is just give her time and be there for her like you have, hopefully the counselling will help her. :)
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 19:14   #10 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

yeh thats the plan.. i just wanna be, and will be there for her.. no questions asked.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub