She has to go... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 13:27   #1 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

She has to go...

Well I can no longer justify paying the repairs bills to keep this car running, its sending me broke so I am going to have to let her go (which i am completely gutted about). The plan is to trade her in and get a manual EL XR6 with a lot less k's on it. I have a bad feeling I'm not going to get anywhere near as much as i want for the trade in. I will be taking the 19's off as well as pulling out my stereo so when it comes to trade her in there will be no head unit or speakers, smaller mags and the transmission needs replacing!

I'm hoping to find an EL XR6 with low k's for around the 15/16K mark, hopefully after trade in I will only need a loan for about 10K (thats the plan anyway).

So yeah, the car in my sig is for sale.......
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2004, 14:03   #2 (permalink)
Formerly ef_ghiaI6

Re: She has to go...

would you be interested in swapping your shocks ? :D i need some pedders for my el ghia.. I can give you my shocks, and a cash adjustment ? (before you trade it in ? )

Btw, its very sad to see it go.. Its a very tough looking car :)
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 17:19   #3 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
would you be interested in swapping your shocks ? :D i need some pedders for my el ghia.. I can give you my shocks, and a cash adjustment ? (before you trade it in ? )
That could be difficult seeing as you're in victoria and im in sydney, also I wouldnt have a clue how to remove springs!
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
Old 12-06-2004, 17:59   #4 (permalink)

remove as much of the stuff as possible from the car before trading it in. most places will give u SFA for the extras like wheels/kit etc.
Might be worth seeing if u can chase up some bumpers the same colour as ur car and sell the kit seperate.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 18:56   #5 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

And don't forget to pull out your K&N if EF/EL are the same..

As John said, car yards don't give a rats how much a car is modded, they'll only offer stock prices, and plus stock cars are usually easier for them to move..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Yeah thanks guys, it didnt even cross my mind that I should take the kit off as well. It might be worth not trading it in and selling it privately, its going to cost me about $1500 to sort out the transmission though which is a bit of a problem. Plus if i dont trade it in then I will need a loan for the full cost of the new car. Are bumpers and bodykits easy to remove/replace?
Old 12-06-2004, 19:54   #7 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

What about going for a second hand tranny??
Old 12-06-2004, 21:57   #8 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR
What about going for a second hand tranny??
That was what I was going to do at first but then I figured that seeing as the car has done over 230,000 there is just going to be more and more problems after the transmission is fixed. As it is this car has pretty much used up all my savings so i cant afford to have a car thats going to cost me lots of money to maintain. My thinking is that a newer Falcon with less k's on it will cost me less in the long run...
Old 12-06-2004, 22:13   #9 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

If you do the wrecker rounds, you can find recently rebuilt/serviced transmissions cheap usually, then swap it in, but if you cant do the work yourself, wont be much saving in the end.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 22:19   #10 (permalink)
known as tibbo

not true.. once you iron out all the bugs it will battle on for another 230 000 easy... If you track down a lower kay car and intially it 'might' be ok but soon enuff you will end up replacing things you have already done on this ride

Better the devil you know I say
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub