shit my self - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2002, 04:42   #1 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

shit my self

Tonight after work i was giving a guy a lift home. I work at Colonial stadium sometimes, anyway we were in the carpark, if any of you guys know it, it was the big one opposite the stadim, bayside. Anyway he wanted to see my car in action, and I was more than happy to do so.

I ripped it up and showed him the power of my car in the car park, it was suprise to him. Anyhow i was going 80km/hr in seconds and realised one of the gates was shut, but saw an open one. I turned (not sharply at all), suddenly i lost total control of the car and it spun out like crazy on the ashphalt carpark surface. We did two or three revolutions spinning around and it really felt like the car was going to end up being upside down. I shit myself. It felt damm lucky afterwards, that we were in a wide open car park with few other cars.

Anyhow next time i will slow down a hell of a lot more before turning even slightly, really i wasnt turning sharply.
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2002, 04:45   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Damn it that's bad! I was terrified enough when I just slid the back of my car slightly. Is your suspension modified? Are you running good tyres? These areas, as well as careful driving, may help you avoid this situation in future.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 04:46   #3 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

yeh

I have bloody good tyres, Bridgestone G-grid 215s and got knows how it would have been with my old stock half bald tyres/
Old 06-20-2002, 07:30   #4 (permalink)

ge:

mate I've had the G Grids on my EB... From experiance they are the shittest tyres I had on it. They have a fancy patern & thats about it. They are useless as tits on the bull....Ask any reputable tyre place & they'll tell ya. As for your incident you are lucky you didn't hit a pot hole or a gutter otherwise you would have flipped the car.
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 07:34   #5 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

Interesting reply I8AHSV, i guess maybe i coudl get more traction than the g-grids, i thought they were ok. and for the car incident, it wont happen again i am making sure to slow down lot more before turning, i hope. even with dev3 i think ill get lowered and maybe 17s. What tyres doyou like?
Old 06-20-2002, 23:07   #6 (permalink)

I've got 17" FTR Rims on my EB & they are fitted with 245x45x17 Falken Front & 255x4017 Falken Rear Tyres. I've found them to be exceptionaly agresive tyre. In plain english they stick to the road through corners like flys stick to shit... If you want good tyres in 17" you have to be willing to spend the money. As for the 15's I've had 215x60x15 remolds on at one stage when I couldn't afford real tyres. They were the shittest thing in wet, slipery as anything but in dry once you put some heat into them they were almost as good as the Falken tyres. If it wasnt for the tyre profile and all the tyre roll these tyres would have really performed in dry. The downside is that besides them being shit in wet they also wear really quickly because of the soft tyre compound. If you are interested I will compile a list of some manufacturers & their performance tyres to show people how they rate. I take my car handeling very seriously & just on the suspenision I've spent $2000 not including the rims + tyres....
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 02:19   #7 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

i've got falkens on my EF and they do seem to grip pretty well, although from what i've heard they wear out pretty quickly.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub