Shock tactics used in TAC adds. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2004, 04:52   #1 (permalink)

Shock tactics used in TAC adds.

Do you think these adds are effective? Or do you think they just desensitize people? To me they seem like a desperate attempt to justify illegal and corrupt actions taken by various road authorities. I also don't think enough accidents are caused by people doing stupid things on purpose for them to be effective. Why do you never see campaigns about having correct tyre pressures or not just buying the cheapest tyres around?
lizardmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2004, 07:45   #2 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Re: Shock tactics used in TAC adds.

I think theyre surprisingly effective over a large range of people. Obviously im not one of them, lol but i was very surprised at how many people are genuinely scared to drive even a little over the limit.
Most people arent driving enthusiasts and dont know the truth, so they readily accept the "facts" as given to them by the State Govts.
i was very happy to see a mention on the news that part of the reason Liberals won is cause so many people hate their State labour govrnemtns with a passion, Victoria's Steve Tax in particular!

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 20:09   #3 (permalink)
1974 xl tc 250 cortina

yeah they are effective, for me too. Cars can really f**k you up, so its important that people fully appreciate that. As many do not. Those ads show the consequences quite well. They help people to see that driving is a life threatening activity and therefore should be given all of your concentration and respect.

I just feel for the people who have lost someone on the roads and they have to relive it at 6:45 during Neighbours.

But yeah it still must be done for the greater good.
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 21:59   #4 (permalink)
Long live the AU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thek
yeah they are effective, for me too. Cars can really f**k you up, so its important that people fully appreciate that. As many do not. Those ads show the consequences quite well. They help people to see that driving is a life threatening activity and therefore should be given all of your concentration and respect.

I just feel for the people who have lost someone on the roads and they have to relive it at 6:45 during Neighbours.

But yeah it still must be done for the greater good.
I agree, if its gunna save a life (maybe even your own), its worth it. Ads like that make you think twice sometimes before you do something stupid.

> Piccies <
hambo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 22:57   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
Do you think these adds are effective? Or do you think they just desensitize people? To me they seem like a desperate attempt to justify illegal and corrupt actions taken by various road authorities. I also don't think enough accidents are caused by people doing stupid things on purpose for them to be effective. Why do you never see campaigns about having correct tyre pressures or not just buying the cheapest tyres around?
I find these ads are ownly effective on people who are naturally sensible and cautious on the roads already.

Wankers will do what they like anyway... all we can do is hope they only take THEMSELVES out, and not others.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 00:35   #6 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

Definately desensitize people. I love to watch a new TAC add come on. Some of the most entertaining adds on telly.

My two favourites are the add where the son headbuts the father. Great stuff. I cant help thinking of the 12th man quote....Got im yes, p!ss off your out. The other is an oldy but a goody where an old VW comvy ( i think ) crashes into a truck or something and they show an external view of the add where you see a doll/manequin stuck in the car, its head slams out of the front window.

But really the adds are just ridiculous. Like the one with two identical cars heading for the truck. Wulos pointed out to me that they are different model AU's. Neither driver swerves or takes any evasive action, they just nail the brakes and hold on.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:42   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I've been desensitized by them big time. They have to make them more and more shocking to make an impact.

I really don't cringe at anything these days, so I just ignore the ads like every other one on the box.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub