Should Ford Aust. have a Loyality Program? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2002, 14:10   #1 (permalink)
Au's Gotta Lov'em

Should Ford Aust. have a Loyality Program?

Well what are peoples thoughts?
I think that Ford Aust. should have a Brand loyality program to show that it recognises and appreciates its customers continuing support for Ford.
It doesn't have to be much just a little something to show their appreciation. Something like a one day entry into the nearest V8 Supercar race for the length of warranty period (More Ford supporters at a race has got to be a good thing). Invitations to new product launches or test drives. Discounted Driver education programs. A quarterly newsletter about the latest going on's in Ford Aust. etc etc
As the old saying goes 'Return business is the best business'. With cars being so closely matched (we know better but Joe public doesn't) these days, customer satification and the sense of being recognised and appreciated could be the only thing that sways a swinging buyer.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2002, 14:45   #2 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

Thumbs up

Good Idea.

All your suggestions make perfect business sense.

Loyalty is very important and starts at a young age. I have mentioned on FF once before my concern over how many cheap second hand Commodre V8's there are under $10K (VH-VP) which young people can buy, wheras there aren't as many V8 offerings in the Falcon around, (XF -no V8, EA -no V8, so this just leaves EB&ED). It concerns me since a lot of young people are after a V8, and they buy their first car and then become loyal to that brand. Opinions ?
Air Intake: T-Series, K&N Filter.
Brakes: Calipers painted red, DBA slotted rotors & Lucas pads.
Windows: Tinted.
Gearstick: Shortened.
Fuel: Dual Fuel.
Dyno: 143 rwKw (Dynodynamics - shootout mode).
Heathcote: 15.87 @ 89.1 Mph.
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 20:18   #3 (permalink)

Re: Should Ford Aust. have a Loyality Program?

Quote:
Originally posted by AU_Steve
Well what are peoples thoughts?
I think that Ford Aust. should have a Brand loyality program to show that it recognises and appreciates its customers continuing support for Ford.
It doesn't have to be much just a little something to show their appreciation. Something like a one day entry into the nearest V8 Supercar race for the length of warranty period (More Ford supporters at a race has got to be a good thing). Invitations to new product launches or test drives. Discounted Driver education programs. A quarterly newsletter about the latest going on's in Ford Aust. etc etc
As the old saying goes 'Return business is the best business'. With cars being so closely matched (we know better but Joe public doesn't) these days, customer satification and the sense of being recognised and appreciated could be the only thing that sways a swinging buyer.
Some decent mechanics to service the vehicles would be a start (see thread titled Kloster Ford at it again.[/)

These things you mention would be good but I think they need to get the basics right before they start on the fancy stuff. There have been other threads where people (Brendan from The Dark Side was one) walked into a Ford car yard to buy a vehicle and were ignored or insulted by salestaff.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 21:19   #4 (permalink)

Yes I am a big fan of the idea, but there are a lot of variations that could be considered
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 21:22   #5 (permalink)
Champion Goose

Yep the basics should be the first things that Ford addresses, but i think Steve has some very good ideas which could (and should) be implemented. Remember guys it's probably only a minority of dealers that have major problems so mainly it's a case of tidying things up or keeping up the good work. To those dealers that need a kick in the arse, i'm sure Geoff and co will provide this (he's on the boards as i'm typing this i think). A loyalty program would be great. A few more Ford fans at the races/drags/carshows would be fantastic.
XAHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 21:37   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
There have been other threads where people (Brendan from The Dark Side was one) walked into a Ford car yard to buy a vehicle and were ignored or insulted by salestaff.
Was Deccy matey..
Must admit I've had the same experience myself though, from an FTE dealer to boot. Easy fix to that. Went to my favourite Ford dealer and had fantastic service. Too easy.

I like your idea too Steve. Some sort of incentive to remain in the Ford camp is a great idea..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 21:50   #7 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Well it does make perfect business sense. But then again, I'd just be happy with Ford service departments that I could trust!
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub