Should I? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2004, 07:14   #1 (permalink)
WA Eseries Rep

Should I?

Just asking for opinions here guys, of late I have been considering purchasing an ED XR6 manual. Currently in W.A. there seems to be two nice examples (well would wanna be being in the $11K to $12 price range) one is a polly green ex ford executive car with all options like body kit, sun roof, cruise, t/bar, premium sound with 6 stack, full service history, 140K kms, new rubber and full genie exhaust. The other: FALCON ED, XR6, 1993, 5 spd, p/steer, air cond, cruise control, 17" rims, low km, lowered, new clutch & sports exhaust, EL GT hydratrack 3.45 LSD diff, CD player, alarm, serviced every 5000km, 2nd owner, excel cond $11,300 ono

I know both are asking well above the adverage price of an average ED XR6 and would not pay those amounts unless they were in mint condition and also had long rego's.

So do I go out and get a loan? I currently have one year left of uni and work part time or wait till uni is over, get a full time job then loan? I live at home and I figured out if a get a measly $3000 (worse case senerio) for the EB I currently drive this cash could pay off the loan for a year without my works pay contributing to the loan. I know about full comp insurance with loans and can get it cheap as my family has a good broker.

So what should I do...or what have you done??

Last edited by Baxle; 02-14-2004 at 07:32.
Baxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2004, 07:52   #2 (permalink)
grippin'n'rippin

Re: Should I?

If it won't put a financial strain on your final year at uni and really want it and can't wait, get it. Go for the manual as they are hard to come accross. If you do decide to get it, have a look in the trading post first as it does seem a bit steep what the dealer is asking for. You would be better off buying one privately.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:41   #3 (permalink)
{';'}

Get an EF XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 14:36   #4 (permalink)

Personally I waited until I was working full time before I took out a loan for my new car. But if you are confident you can handle the financial responsibilities while still being at UNI then go for it. ED XR6's are lovely cars

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 15:24   #5 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I got a $6000 loan for my ED 2 years ago when I was 1/2 way through a four year degree. I had to cause my 20 year old Subaru was getting, er... old. I still owe a couple of grand but now that I am working full time with good pay I plan to pay that off completely in the next couple of months.

I only payed $8500 for my ED two years ago, so $12,000 for XR6 of the same age might mean things are a little different for you than me.
Old 02-14-2004, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Why, specifically, do you want an XR6?
IMO the only real thing they have over a worked stocky is the resale value. If you were going to spend $12k on a car, why not spend it on yours, you should be able to get easy 14's then

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 17:21   #7 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

Go the xr! theyre a great car... and go good!!! and the quadlights really make look tough!!
do what u want, but i recommend if theyre in good nick...like they should be for that price, by all means dont hestitate to ask for a test spin... u wont regret it! :s6: Oh yeh BTW go the manual!!!!

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 17:23   #8 (permalink)
WA Eseries Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelEB
Why, specifically, do you want an XR6?
IMO the only real thing they have over a worked stocky is the resale value. If you were going to spend $12k on a car, why not spend it on yours, you should be able to get easy 14's then
haha I was waiting for you to say this, but its the whole package I am after. Another ED XR6 man, poly green in good cond is advertised in todays classifieds for $10000 all the above cars are private sales! One ED XR6 man was in the autotrader for $9000 at a dealer but didn't know the condition, Ks and no options by the looks disappeared very quickly. Another ED XR6 auto wagon is for sale in the autotrader, dealer is asking $10999

I will not rush out yet hopefully those guys lower their prices but won't stop me ringing up and tyre kicking. Seems we are paying more then you eastern staters.
Baxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 17:27   #9 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

yeh... ed xr's average 9k or less over here, but can sometimes fetch a bit over 10k for a good one.
It all about the pakage isnt it with the xr's!

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 18:07   #10 (permalink)
Poorer than ever!

They're such great cars - you'll be kicking yourself if you don't end up getting one. Seriously through, take a good look at your finances, sure it'll be nice to have the car, but if you have to sell it a couple of months later 'cos you can't handle the loan repayments, it sure wouldn't be worth it. Anyway, if it was my choice, i'd be going the first one. It sounds like a great package, however, just watch out with the power sunroof, if it's factory fitted, make sure that the drains have been serviced recently. If they're blocked, it makes one hell of a mess next time it rains - trust me, I found out the hard way :s5
kingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub