Should i buy... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2004, 00:44   #1 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

Should i buy...

Not sure if im allowed to talk about Holden's here lol but i am a ford person. Now there is a 1997 series 2 VS Acclaim commodore for sale in town at teh moment, and has only been owned by two bank managers. has 150000 km's on it, all acclaim features, and a couple tiny scratches on the back, but easily fixed with a bit of paint. its been serviced regularly and the owner has reciepts for it, and because my car (the old XF for those of you who dont know) is on its last legs and yeah got neglected by my family when they got new cars and before passing it over to me. anyways i am thinking of getting it, the asking price is $9300 O.N.O at the moment, and i rang the dude up and asked him a few things, and i know its what ppl do but he really didnt sound like he knew a whole lot of what he was on about, so yeah is this a fair price or should i and the parents decide to get it, make a lower offer on the spot?

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2004, 00:51   #2 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

Re: Should i buy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf_dude
Not sure if im allowed to talk about Holden's here lol but i am a ford person. Now there is a 1997 series 2 VS Acclaim commodore for sale in town at teh moment, and has only been owned by two bank managers. has 150000 km's on it, all acclaim features, and a couple tiny scratches on the back, but easily fixed with a bit of paint. its been serviced regularly and the owner has reciepts for it, and because my car (the old XF for those of you who dont know) is on its last legs and yeah got neglected by my family when they got new cars and before passing it over to me. anyways i am thinking of getting it, the asking price is $9300 O.N.O at the moment, and i rang the dude up and asked him a few things, and i know its what ppl do but he really didnt sound like he knew a whole lot of what he was on about, so yeah is this a fair price or should i and the parents decide to get it, make a lower offer on the spot?

Go and check out www.redbook.com.au
that should give you some idea of what they are worth
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

well the price does fall in the average as do the KMs for that age. try and talk him down about first. i think youll find that because its $9300 he is expecting to be knocked down to 9k anywas.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:32   #4 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

yeah, teh thing is he had it advertised for 10 or so a couple weeks ago so yeah he has dropped it down but i reckon i could easily bring it down a bit more

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
Old 05-27-2004, 01:48   #5 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

Why not look at a nice EL Futura instead?

Cheers, Paul
Old 05-27-2004, 02:06   #6 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

^^^^ yeah what he said

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:15   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

I know currently 3 people who have owned a VS at some point of their life, 2 of them have had issues from day 1, mainly engine problems. The last one was just purchased recently and is yet to have any dramas but it may be a matter of time. EF and EL falcons are much better cars and my brothers own them and so far the only one that had any problems was the EF but it a common issue with the series 1 EF and was fixed in the series 2.

With that said the price is no bargin, but pretty average for a VS. The VS recently bought was similar to that car but he paid just $6000 at a car auction.
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:02   #8 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

because there isnt any nice EL of EF futura's in town at the moment lol....but there is a fairmont im yet to look at so ill check it out too. damn thats not good to hear about the engine probs, ill have to look into it more, its been looked after really well "apparently" he told me he gets it serviced more than needed and because he is friends iwth the guy that does it he just gets him to do anything to it that needs it no questions asked, but yeah ill keep you guys informed, specially u peuty lol

Old 05-27-2004, 03:15   #9 (permalink)
Mountain man'

for that ammount u can get a nice EF or EL fairmont ghia
Old 05-27-2004, 05:15   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

a couple extra grand and you could pick up an EF or EL (if you're real lucky) xr6
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub