Should Tickford have a 'Customer' division? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2001, 03:42   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Should Tickford have a 'Customer' division?

Tickford work pretty well as an outsourced upgrade-channel for FoMoCoOz. Otherwise they seem to be a pretty closed shop when it comes to selling products to consumers. And I'm not talking about spin-off merchandise here.

Is there any merit in giving the average punter the ability to walk into a Tickford workshop and have their existing under-factory-warranty wheels massaged with Tickford hands? Surely there'd be some money to be made there wouldn't there?

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2001, 03:47   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

I would think that Tickford are pretty busy catering for Ford.

Happy Jack might just be the person to answer this question for ya Lukeyson.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 03:53   #3 (permalink)

I for one would love this option but there is no way in Hell they can do it with the way they are set up at the minute. No space No manpower and No time. As it is they want to increase the engine bays to 17 but have to wait till Xmas.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 03:57   #4 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Having said all that 'it isn't possible' stuff, don't HSV offer a drive in and upgrade option?

Lukeyson
Old 07-14-2001, 04:06   #5 (permalink)

You are right Luke. If they want to they could open a shop somewhere in Melbourne and offer a service like Mic or Herrod. I don't think they could do it at the current site with out spending up! As for HSV I don't know!
Old 07-14-2001, 04:09   #6 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

I think HSV used to do it, but not any more? Hobbes might be able to verify that!
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 04:10   #7 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

I'm buggered if I know why my profile says I'm a Vanagon member. I mean, that's probably a forum I joined before that Ford Forums are a part of. The VW Vanagon is the US name given to the VW Transporter. Aka Combi (The square looking ones before the Eurovan). I had a 4WD Syncro while in the US.

I know, I have wandered off-thread. Perhaps if I'd been able to bring my Vanagon to Tickford to have it modified.......

lukeyson
Old 07-14-2001, 04:16   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
I think HSV used to do it, but not any more? Hobbes might be able to verify that!
I am sure you are right Jem. I do know that once you but a HSV you become part of their family so to speak. You can modify you car with their help above and beyond the standard option list. For example if you want to race your GTS they have performance parts available to the owner through the dealership
Old 07-14-2001, 04:19   #9 (permalink)
BSR

Re: Should Tickford have a 'Customer' division?

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke Plaizier
Tickford work pretty well as an outsourced upgrade-channel for FoMoCoOz. Otherwise they seem to be a pretty closed shop when it comes to selling products to consumers. And I'm not talking about spin-off merchandise here.

Is there any merit in giving the average punter the ability to walk into a Tickford workshop and have their existing under-factory-warranty wheels massaged with Tickford hands? Surely there'd be some money to be made there wouldn't there?

Lukeyson
I would love to see it happen, but have some reservations. Like you think Ford would be quite good at working on there own cars, but how many people on here dred the thought of taking their cars to the local Ford dealer!!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 04:26   #10 (permalink)

Re: Re: Should Tickford have a 'Customer' division?

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8

I would love to see it happen, but have some reservations. Like you think Ford would be quite good at working on there own cars, but how many people on here dred the thought of taking their cars to the local Ford dealer!!
Good point, but this is where maybe yet another T series owner privilege could be used, where your car is cared for by a Tech that has been trained to treat it as his own?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub