Show us Ya Box... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2004, 01:46   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Show us Ya Box...

...Ya tool Box! - Warning lots of pics

Just thought it would be interesting to see what everyones got hiding away in there tool box in the shed/garage. Might also give others Ideas on what else they could buy for there own tool collection.

Mine is also used for work but whenever I need to do work at home I bring the top box home and whatever else I need out of the roll-cab unless it's a pretty serious weekend then I bring it all home.

Here we have numerous extensions and ratchets, 3/8" drive metric sockets in both short and tube and also single and double hex, 3/8" drive torx bits, 1/2" drive metric sockets and tube impact sockets, set of combination spanners and brake piston wind back tools.

Far left drawer are a set of Blue-Point ratcheting combination spanners, middle drawer is a set of offset ring spanners and shifters, right drawer is where all my pens and phone and keys and wallet live while at work

1/4" drive socket set, impact driver, set of screwdrivers and picks

combination pliers, needle nose pliers, side cutters, set of different sized vice grip pliers, 2 different sized multi-grips, 2 hose clamps/plastic pliers and a set of curved aviation snips which I bought to cut 6X9 holes in a parcel tray

set of files, thread file, breaker bar, air blower, safety goggles, 3/8" drive blue-point air ratchet and my most prized possession besides the car, My 1/2" drive Snap-On rattle gun, 5 speeds forward and reverse, it's the most quiet rattle gun I've ever heard and has a muffler bypass which makes it the loudest one I've ever heard aswell and has 675nm of torque, something my car will never have.

Set of prybars, 1/4" drive torque wrench, hammer, dead blow hammer (doesnt come flying back at ya), 2 sets of easy outs and more torx bits

Set of punches and chisels, circlip pliers, set of alan keys and my flexi magnet which also has a torch in the end of it

Theres also a few other things not in the pictures like a soldering iron, wire strippers, test light, multi-meter, battery terminal cleaner and a 1/2" drive torque wrench
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2004, 01:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Show us Ya Box...

Oh..
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
heard it before!

supprised to see theres no oil filter tool, clutch fan tool or a cold chisel
my favorite tool is the ANGLE GRINDER (if i can't undo it I CUT IT OFF)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:20   #4 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Care to tell us how much all that cost?!! Pretty impressive tool set there ed.

Not too sure about the title of the thread tho

But your right it has given me some inspration to what i want/need toowise. What ratios are the gears in the rattle guns gearbox? if it holds up to 675nm then you'd have a hard time killing it behind an 8cyl! lol
Old 09-18-2004, 02:40   #5 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
supprised to see theres no oil filter tool, clutch fan tool or a cold chisel
my favorite tool is the ANGLE GRINDER (if i can't undo it I CUT IT OFF)
I hardly ever have the need for one, if a filter is put on correctly you'll never need more than your hand to take it off, the multi-grips havent let me down so far with taking off stubborn filters yet either.
We got a set of huge spanners at work that'll do the job which I bring home when needed
I got chisels in there hehe, last drawer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
Care to tell us how much all that cost?!! Pretty impressive tool set there ed.

Not too sure about the title of the thread tho

But your right it has given me some inspration to what i want/need toowise. What ratios are the gears in the rattle guns gearbox? if it holds up to 675nm then you'd have a hard time killing it behind an 8cyl! lol
It's around $2500 for all of what I've got, the most expensive item being the rattle gun at $800. $1350 of that didnt come out of my own pocket because of the tool Allowance I get each year for being an apprentice, my last one is next year

Haha No Idea on what ratios are in the gun, you'd have a hard time gettin it go behind an 8 tho
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:48   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I'll get a photo of mine this week, I'm running out of space though and a rollcab will be needed soon.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 03:20   #7 (permalink)
Kill the Playboy Bunny!!

The only tool i'll ever need:
Old 09-18-2004, 04:44   #8 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Was this thread so everyone could show their toolboxes, or just so you could show off yours, Ed?

If I could be ****ed, I'd take some pics, but basically I have a full set of 1/2" sockets (with 10mm - 27mm or so.. more than I need for a car), a mostly-complete 3/8" set and another 3/8" set box full of random sockets... then I have a couple of toolboxes with a few random tools. I also have an assortment of saws and hammers which are handy for wood and metal work.

Of course I have a bench grinder and angle grinder, belt sander and drill, so I can fabricate a tool when needed (like the one I made for getting trailing arms into place so I could get the bolts all the way through). All these tools also come in pretty handy when I'm working on my sword, which is now taking shape quite nicely :)

Unfortuantely, when I leave home I think mum will end up keeping most of the tools :( The bench grinder, angle grinder and a few other things are mine at least :)
Old 09-18-2004, 05:00   #9 (permalink)
heard it before!

[QUOTE
fabricate a tool when needed (like the one I made for getting trailing arms into place so I could get the bolts all the way through).

never had a problem here can any one explain
i've done 5 cars so far
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:48   #10 (permalink)

my collection is rather small... a little cheap tool kit, but it does the job most of the time :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub