sido number - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2002, 01:02   #1 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

sido number

Ordered XR6 Turbo on 30/11/02 cannot get a sido from the dealer. How long does this normally take? Are they jerking me around here or what.
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2002, 01:08   #2 (permalink)

I ordered one (ute) before then and still haven't got a SIDO - dealer keeps saying it's gotta be next week but about four "next weeks" have come and gone. Ford are apparently innundated and haven't got their production schedule sorted for Jan and Feb yet. We have to be patient....BLOODY PATIENT....OK HOW BLOODY PATIENT DO WE HAVE TO BE?
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 17:28   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by T3man
I ordered one (ute) before then and still haven't got a SIDO - dealer keeps saying it's gotta be next week but about four "next weeks" have come and gone. Ford are apparently innundated and haven't got their production schedule sorted for Jan and Feb yet. We have to be patient....BLOODY PATIENT....OK HOW BLOODY PATIENT DO WE HAVE TO BE?
I have to wait about 2 and half hours to be precise before I take delivery of my new Turbo ute.
Race Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 17:32   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, good for you RR - hope you enjoy your new toy and Chrissy present. How are you coping with the wait now? Finger nails bitten down to the elbows?

Post us some pics as soon as you can pls...
Old 12-16-2002, 17:39   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by T3man
Yeah, good for you RR - hope you enjoy your new toy and Chrissy present. How are you coping with the wait now? Finger nails bitten down to the elbows?

Post us some pics as soon as you can pls...
Got the cheque in my hand . The trade-in is filthy. But the phone won't ring. There is a delay with fittinh the hard cover at the dealer.
Race Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 20:16   #6 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Well this all sounds simple to me, when you buy a car, add the clause that the dealer should supply a sido withing 1 week of signing the deal and if there isn't one, the deal is exempt. SIMPLE. There are always simple solutions to life isn't there. Another thing I might add is an old demand and supply story. If i had seven apples at $1 each and twenty staving people, those that want to buy an apple for 80cents can wait for the next tree to grow which appears to be some of the circumstances. But none the less its those attitudes that leave some people a little confused. Cheers
Old 12-16-2002, 21:45   #7 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

Hey Gadgeman thanks for lesson in philosophy but i've paid a full dollar now where's my plucking sido?
Old 12-16-2002, 23:19   #8 (permalink)

C'mon RR - it's way past closing time at the dealers - you got it or not? There's like a quadzillion ppl out here waiting for pics...
Old 12-17-2002, 20:08   #9 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Be nice to the dealer, ask them for a delivery date and tell them you would like the sido so that you can monitor the car being built on the Ford Website and await a response.
Old 12-20-2002, 00:16   #10 (permalink)

Got SIDO today....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub