There are a few things to consider being making the decision to salary package a car for example:
You might as well forget it if the following applies to you:
1. You have little to no work use (note driving from home to work ordinarily isnt work use)
2. Your annual klms are low, particullary if <25K pa
3. You annual salary is low, mainly where <60K pa
4. The cost of the car is high, particullary if higher than the luxary car tax limit.
5. You are the type to want a new car every couple of years or less (as lease companies generally want to lock you in for a number of years, and getting out of them is vertually imposable without major financial penalty) They may do 2 years but with charge a higher interest rate.
I started a thead talking about some of the issues: see "here"