smoking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2004, 06:06   #1 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

Thumbs down smoking

can i get an indication of any smokers here? lol well its 11 pm on a thursday night when i have the house to myself kos the parentals have gone away and me and peuty just finished watchin a movie, and ive had a few drinks and have had a few smokes, im basically only someone that gets the urge to smoke when im drinking but yeah lately im gettin the urge for it when im not drinking. now i dont wanna become a 'smoker' so to speak, but yeah im afraid i am getting addicted lol, any tips to keep the urge away? and no i dont want to formally quit, im ok with it when im drinking with the mates and u share a few stories round the fire havin a few drinks and the odd puff but yeah this is just a random thread im making in my boredom. Anyone got any other confessions or tips? LOL

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2004, 06:15   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: smoking

im a smoker and nothing gives me the shits more than the 'occasional' smoker who bots my smokes every time and never buys his own. i hope your not one of those.
as for the urges when your not drinking, just get some chewy or something to occupy yourself with...or better yet grab a can and then have a smoke!!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:21   #3 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

LOL nah im not one of those guys, ill tell u my story aha. ok first it all started off in year 11 after this party me and a few mates were sittin in the spa just still charging on after the party and a mate of mine busted out teh smokes so i tried it and it was so awesome!!! haha my first smoke it was bitchin, and then yeah i only ever did it when i was stressed or depressed etc with a mate of mine when we were out drinkin or whatever (haha yeah good excuse i know) and then it gradually got more and more and eventually i was always bumming smokes off ppl at parties. Then i started buyin my own for parties, goin like halves in packs with my other 'occasional smoker' buddies aha but yeah as time went on (graduated last year) im finding myself always buyin myself packs in preperation for the next outing on the weekend or whatever. but yeah its pretty krazy, they are tasting real good right now with my bourbon and coke which i havent drank in yonks (been a rum boy for quite some time now) and yeah just thought id post the thread to hear some other peoples stories lol

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:54   #4 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Im an occasional smoker like you. I usually just smoke when i drink, if i didnt drink then i wouldnt smoke.
Its a ballbreaker though, lately ive been wanting one in the evening or before bed or wateva and since im not a regular smoker i have to go all the way to the shop and buy a whole packet even though i only want one.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:55   #5 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

I'm a smoker, have smoked since I was 19. Wish I hadnt. Best way to avoid it is to not do it at all and stop before you get addicted big time.

I tend to smoke after eating, while driving, on the phone/computer, watching tv.... hmmm...just about always.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:01   #6 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

Social Smoker..

It's best to get out of it while you still can, because alot of smokers become smokers through going to parts and what not. I used to do the social smoker thing (we had a deal, I bought them - cos I looked old enough - and that got me free supply of the pack using my mates money) but...for....errr.... respect of others wishes, I stopped smoking (which really wasnt to hard considering I only smoked when I was with my mates)

So yeah...I'd really recommend quitting, its not an attrative habbit.
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:44   #7 (permalink)
«$k8 ø® Ðïè»

yeh i have the odd smoke, im 18 now, i started in year 7 with all my mates.. i used to buy smokes but quit in yr 10 coz i was hangin around the wrong crowd (my mates mates basically) and they were f**** up coz of drugs

all i do is look at my dad (addicted), thats how i keep it in control

i guess i smoke heaps when i drink, i kinda like the feeling, but when im straight i hate smoking, if anyone offers me a smoke ill refuse and i feel happy about it :)
Old 07-29-2004, 08:16   #8 (permalink)

I think it would be true to say alot of smokers at least once had the desire to quit. Some kick the habit, others get trapped and never beat it until lung cancer kicks in.

It's best you take steps to give it the flick now as it appears it will only get harder for you later as your addiction grows
Old 07-29-2004, 14:55   #9 (permalink)

thats true pauljh74, these days with the effects of smoking well known it's becoming less socially exceptable. with various restaurants and clubs banning it all together. ps if any of you have kids(even little ones), give them the respect and dont smoke in the car with them, the risk on babies is pretty huge and it's simply not healthy

my 2c
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 15:07   #10 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

can't say i have ever smoked and I don't think I ever will. However guys at work have smoked heavily. One guy quit or well cut down a lot by cold turkey. To stop thinking about it, he would munch on some peanuts, apprently it stopped his cravings. Others were more social smokers and only ever did it to get away from work. They just quit. I hope you decide to quit and if you do best of luck.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub