SMS: Lightning Does Strike Twice - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2003, 18:37   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

SMS: Lightning Does Strike Twice

A striking new colour combination will thunder its way into Ford Performance Vehicles showrooms this month.

Lightning Strike, a bright silver, has been added to the FPV colour charts and will be seen for the first time at the Sydney International Motor Show.

It is expected to become an extremely popular choice for buyers of the FPV range, particularly with the GT and GT-P which will be available with orange stripes.

Lightning Strike will become only the second colour in FPV’s dynamic range of high-performance cars to have the bold orange side stripes as an option on the sedans. Previously, the orange stripes have only been available on Phantom Purple, one of the most popular colours for FPV since deliveries began in March.

The Lightning Strike and orange stripes combination is a modern interpretation of one of the classic GT Falcon colour combinations of the 1970’s, Silver Fox.

“I am positive Lightning Strike will become very popular for FPV,” says David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles.

“We have been waiting to expand the availability of the orange stripes across our range, and Lightning Strike provides the perfect opportunity for us to do this.

“We know this will become an instant classic as there has been considerable demand for this combination from our customers.”

At the same time as Lightning Strike is introduced, Ford Performance Vehicles will also replace Venom with a richer shade of red called Vixen.

As it was with Venom, the new Vixen red will be available with black stripes.

Ford Performance Vehicles is a joint venture operation, 51 per cent owned by Prodrive, one of the world’s leading automotive and motorsport companies, and 49 per cent owned by the Ford Motor Company of Australia.

It produces a three-model range of high-performance cars – the GT, GT-P and Pursuit Ute – all of which are powered by the only V8 engine to be developed and produced in Australia, the quad-cam Boss 290.

FPV has built more than 1200 vehicles since it started production earlier this year. It has also produced more than 5000 Boss V8 engines for FPV models and the Ford Falcon XR8 at its new state-of-the-art engine facility in Campbellfield.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS1.jpg (12.1 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg LS2.jpg (12.0 KB, 94 views)
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2003, 19:05   #2 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Re: SMS: Lightning Does Strike Twice

It looks close to being white in that pic...but I have seen it in the flesh and you can definately see it is silver...and a light one at that. They stripes also look awesome in the flesh.
Old 10-15-2003, 19:08   #3 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

That looks fantastic and would be my colour/stripe choice for sure!

Well done Ford for adding even more heritage to the great GT.
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 19:38   #4 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Ah that's better!

Piss off the ugly strips add a nice set of 19" mags and you have the next Grunter-mobile.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 19:40   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
Ah that's better!

Piss off the ugly strips add a nice set of 19" mags and you have the next Grunter-mobile.
I like your thinking!!!

Now you'd better start thinking of ways to get it past the Minister of Defence, Finance, & Natural Resources..
Old 10-15-2003, 19:51   #6 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Kill the stripes, kill the stripes!!!!!! Color is great but FFS KILL THE STRIPES!!!!
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 19:57   #7 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
I like your thinking!!!

Now you'd better start thinking of ways to get it past the Minister of Defence, Finance, & Natural Resources..
That's easy, she always tells me my car looks just like any other falcon, so I'll grab this and tell her it's the same old car with a new spoiler.

the house of grunt
Old 10-15-2003, 20:11   #8 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Tongue Re: SMS: Lightning Does Strike Twice

The stripes should be made standard and non optional! I don't think that it's good marketing or good for the image, on a car like the GT to have some cars with stripes and some without; too many people will confuse it with the XR8. It's like making the Monaro 4 door, the stripes make the GT! Go the stripes!!!

PS. About time Ford released a real silver into the BA range!
Old 10-15-2003, 20:49   #9 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by fte22
The stripes should be made standard and non optional! I don't think that it's good marketing or good for the image, on a car like the GT to have some cars with stripes and some without; too many people will confuse it with the XR8. It's like making the Monaro 4 door, the stripes make the GT! Go the stripes!!!

PS. About time Ford released a real silver into the BA range!
I have no problem with your idea, as long as the price remains the same as it is minus the strips now. I'd just remove them when the car was delivered.

the house of grunt
Old 10-16-2003, 01:56   #10 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Sheesh. Ok ladies..

If you dont like stripes then go to the Hyundai or Toyota stand.. plenty of bland cars there. How many times are we going to go over this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub