Soon seeing the dark of deletion and the light of heaven - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2002, 09:41   #1 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Soon seeing the dark of deletion and the light of heaven

A certain thread has been deleted. I have not deleted a thread before, but this had to be done.

I am taking yesterday evening's personal attacks of a respected club member very seriously, as the club is like family to me. A small band of gutless opponents of the FF/E-Series merger remain, and will take every opportunity to attack and belittle us. Ultimately, they want us to leave and stop disturbing their community with our absurd talk of EAs not being shitboxes. Heck, I would hear out their problems if they expressed them in a respectable manner. The attitudes of sadistic schoolchildren exist herein, and we cannot control this.

The thread in question was saved to my hard drive for reference purposes, and then deleted for a simple reason. It was no longer about a heavily modified EA Fairmont Ghia. It was an outlet for that despicable minority to ridicule us, as a club. If you think it is absurd that Falcon enthusiasts are attacking other Falcon enthusiasts, I agree.

Still, the damage is done. In the event that any such outbursts occur in the future, I will have no choice but to apologise like hell to John for wasting his time, and then start a new forum elsewhere - which would be terrible considering that the vast majority of people here on FF are very warm, tolerant, mature and receptive. I cannot stress this enough.

It is 2:30 AM here and, yet again, I simply cannot sleep until I take action. However tired I am, I know how these people operate (heck, I wrote a book about them) and I can predict that they will respond here claiming that I am a fool and have no sense of 'humour'. The only joke here is their attitude. I am keeping a very close eye on the situation.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2002, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

ok I am not sure what the heck was going on. I know that there were some issues in a certain thread that contained information about a soul on here wanting to make a 302 a 7 litre engine. Now with just that I have issues with. I can not see this happening. mathematically i might be possible, but i fail to see the logic in this. The last i read on this thread that was deleted was this. I dont know where it went to since i had a HDD fail completely and my system would not boot. So i am out 19 hours of the loop of posts.

I am not sure what all was said, but i have folks emailing me the contents of the posts so that i can look. I guess if i really wanted to i can take a look at the last back up at 1 am my time. Not like i can not load the database and see what the heck is going on here.

I am not sure what if any the issues are with certain folks. I will of course investigate this and see wtf is going on. I dont like threads being deleted without a copy being made so that i may take a look see.

If there are issues then best to bring them up to me in email or on PM. No sense on bashing attacking or doing whatever the deal was last night. No i am not passing judgement until i have a copy of this in front of me.

John
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 16:39   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Soon seeing the dark of deletion and the light of heaven

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack_Travis
I am taking yesterday evening's personal attacks of a respected club member very seriously, as the club is like family to me.

Well I would hope that you are taking the issues raised seriously because the points made (at least up until I last read the thread at 8.00 p.m) were valid questions on some of the content that had been posted. Valued member or not, nobody is above having their comments subjected to scrutiny and that includes dear old Grandpa.

A small band of gutless opponents of the FF/E-Series merger remain, and will take every opportunity to attack and belittle us. Ultimately, they want us to leave and stop disturbing their community with our absurd talk of EAs not being shitboxes. Heck, I would hear out their problems if they expressed them in a respectable manner. The attitudes of sadistic schoolchildren exist herein, and we cannot control this.

I take personal exception to this comment for the following reasons:

1. Posting in an open forum is hardly a gutless act and I am happy to stand by the questions I raised. If I am proved wrong then I am happy to apologise (in public) but statements that appear to be misguided (at best) should be able to stand some scrutiny.
2. I have posted elsewhere my support for the forum merger and believe that the FF pre existing members support that view in the majority. Likewise a number fo Melb based FF members have indicated their intention to joint the combined meet. These do not strike me as examples of ill feeling.
3. Likewise myself and others have offered assistance to EA Forum members in mIRC whenever they have needed it (indeed you were a recipient yourself).
4. Comments of this nature can only succeed in further exacerbating any issues that might exist between some members of the merged forums as the comments are both inflammatory and ill advised.

It was an outlet for that despicable minority to ridicule us, as a club. If you think it is absurd that Falcon enthusiasts are attacking other Falcon enthusiasts, I agree.

Again we have a further example of inflammatory remarks. It seems to me that it is perhaps you who is seeking to continue whatever issues there are.

Anyway none of this helps. The comments made in the thread were made to highlight inconsistencies in the statements of one individual who would have faced identical questions (and perhaps ridicule) regardless of which Forum he was from. If you need proof of this the I will be happy to copy you in on a number of similar threads.

Let's hope that sanity can prevail in this situation and the "them" and "us" attitudes removed wherever they exist for the sake of Ford enthusiasts everywhere.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 16:58   #4 (permalink)
gone

Jack

Would like meet with you on the e-series run to discuss this!

Ohh while I am on it., DONT DELETE THREADS, close it yes., but if people have takent he time to post on it , leave it up!

Unless of course its personal slander!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 19:57   #5 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

Tis a shame it has been deleted... I wanted to see GrandpaHenry's response to back up the (quite optimistic) 5.0L to 7.0L conversion. He made some rather unreal claims that needed to be substantiated.
If a FF member had posted the same sort of stuff he would have copped the same scrutiny... just because he is well respected in your community doesnt give him free reign to post whatever he likes without fear of scrutiny.

Thread should not have been deleted and I wouldnt mind seeing it put back up.

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 21:01   #6 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Guys, I'd like to make this clear again. This is not a question of me silencing opposition to a controversial claim. This is a matter that has suddenly arisen because I was too gutless to face it earlier. I do not dispute that many of the responses to Grandpa's claims were genuine questions. Others were not, and were the reason he vowed never to return to this forum.

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 06-09-2002, 21:06   #7 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

Is he ever returning to back up his claims or has he dropped his bottom lip, packed up his bat n balls and gone home for good?

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 21:12   #8 (permalink)
gone

Okay

let me state this right here!

If claims like that are made., expect some doubt., even I with my eb and Nascar block got some serious abuse when I started on the forum... thats right a superchared Nascar Engine in a 91 eb fairmont with Te50 auto and 9 inch diff., some 800horse.

Take it as it comes., and if need be have the last laugh!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 21:12   #9 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I don't know mate, but I feel my point is being missed. The purpose of my post was to aggressively defend my club from a small number of opponents. I have ample evidence collected, including little 'interviews' with some people, who make no secret of their objection to the E-Series Network existing on FF. It is them that I would like to hear from. This matter has nothing to do with Grandpa Henry or his friend's EA project car - and for that reason I have apologised to him.

1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 06-09-2002, 21:55   #10 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

WTF is going on?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub