South Aus - Cars will get impounded for Loud Stereos - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 20:58   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

South Aus - Cars will get impounded for Loud Stereos

Got to love this. Just to prove that stupidity doesn't respect state borders, here is a gem for you SA guys.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

Amongst all the usual crap, If your stereo is too loud, you can have your car impounded for 48 hours. I can see how a loud stereo being off the road is going to save lives ... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 21:07   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Re: South Aus - Cars will get impounded for Loud Stereos

Oh bringer of great news why do you feel the need to antagonise our western neighbors!!!!! they already have a home preliminary final!

.............and the reason its not in victoria? because impounded cars cant speed..............makes you wonder dont it!

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 21:20   #3 (permalink)
Da Da Dadada HEY dadadada

Well, thats just great. No problem for me tho, can't hear the 12" sub from outside the car too much anyway. Why is australia so overgoverened? WHY. Protect us from ourselves oh great government for we are all 3 years old.
Schmaigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 21:23   #4 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

I like this bit:

"He said there was provision in the legislation for a person to seek damages if their vehicle was wrongly impounded."

Firstly, Rann is an idiot. He reckons hes gonna get votes here by targetting "criminals". He has a big thing on cracking down on crime, its been his trademark since hes been in power. Its one of those popular things that politicians do, political correctness etc. Fine, go for the murders, rapists, child molesters, the home invaders, car theives, etc....but motorists are being made to feel like criminals for everything they do these days...geesh!

Secondly, I would like to know who determines what is illegal levels of noise from the stereo of said car. How many decibels would be required for the driver to be breaking the law? And what range of sound? I mean, there's high pitch and there's bass, right? Bass can be just as annoying but not as loud, if I remember correctly. And from how far away from the car will these sounds not be tolerated? By Mr Policeman standing next to the car, or Mr Pedestrian or Mrs Granny in her little house? If Mrs Granny is a very light sleeper and the bass wakes her up, while waking no one else up, is it an offence? And just because Mrs Granny can hear it, does it mean it is too loud?

Are we gonna have decibel limiters on our car stereos now, in addition to rev and speed limiters??? Is driving under the influence of bass going to become an offence like drunk driving? Are we gonna get pulled over by the "bass bus" instead of the booze bus, and have machinery testing how loud our speakers are?

If so, lets just hope that they will stretch those laws further to make certain music illegal too, such as Britney Spears and her kind.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 21:44   #5 (permalink)

unbelievable.....what happened to the constitution.....especially the part where it says that you cannot modify the constitution without the say of the people....

let's just ban everything.....that'll make it easier.....we'll start with Holdens

This toy has to go http://members.dodo.net.au/~omegapower/XD.html
rigidshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 21:54   #6 (permalink)
Love having 3 peddles

What a crock of sh!t, well all the rice and crapadores will be off the road soon I guess.
Old 09-13-2004, 22:49   #7 (permalink)
Da Da Dadada HEY dadadada

LOL bass bus i love it. It is a good point though how loud is too loud? I think that it should also be relative to the area you are playing it and the time -sidestreets at night or highway during the day.
Schmaigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 23:06   #8 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Thats bad news.. :(
Old 09-14-2004, 00:54   #9 (permalink)

what the hell...
i'm ripping my stereo out and spending it on go fast mods...
ITS SAFER
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:22   #10 (permalink)
Circuit board dressups!

There's only one car I know of that had a stereo so loud it was dangerous. An ex All Black's ute was so loud if you closed the doors and cranked it up it was potentially lethal.
Then there's joe bloggs, who likes to listen to his music reasonably loud, but it can be heard v. faintly from say a metre or two away - what happens to him? He's only turning it up and driving the long way home, enjoying himself, rather than just driving home. That seems to be what the pollies over in oz seem to be doing... making it harder to have fun in your car, rather than making it harder to get yourself in a bad situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub