Speed Cameras - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2002, 07:45   #1 (permalink)

Speed Cameras

Hey with semi permanant speed cameras, the ones how they put like a metre in from of a car (box with a flash on top) do they only detect you if your on side of the road its on? For example if the camera is on the left hand side of the road, your on the left hand side, breaking the speed limit, it would flash, but just say your on the right hand side or opposite side, will it still detect you? im in melbourne. And are there these devices at night?

thanks
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2002, 13:32   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

They get you both ways 24hrs a day.. :oo1:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 13:58   #3 (permalink)
gone

Agree with fm

Keeping a mate of mine company sometimes while hes on speed camera operation, they can get you both ways..day/night

Why? what have you been upto?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 14:20   #4 (permalink)
Awaiting Barra launch

Re: Speed Cameras

Quote:
Originally posted by snavy
Hey with semi permanant speed cameras, the ones how they put like a metre in from of a car (box with a flash on top) do they only detect you if your on side of the road its on? For example if the camera is on the left hand side of the road, your on the left hand side, breaking the speed limit, it would flash, but just say your on the right hand side or opposite side, will it still detect you? im in melbourne. And are there these devices at night?

thanks
Yep they definately get you both ways, and at night (I'm speaking from experience here)

Looks like you might be contributing to the Fat Cats fund snavy.....
Broady Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 22:07   #5 (permalink)

damn i didnt know they get both ways, all my mates say its just say they detect the side its on! i was overthe limit the other day in a residential area! cant believe they have them in these type of areas!

thanks for the info
Old 02-04-2002, 22:16   #6 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Ok... I know that they can get you both ways... but what about when there is traffic on one side of the road??

eg.. Delhi rd, lane cove. There is a perm speed camera on the north side of the road facing east.

That road is VERY BUSY and often in the morning east bound traffic is at a stand still.

So the westbound traffic... there number plates would be blocked from view by the traffic going eastbound.

whats the go with that?

does that mean, that it can only get traffic on one side of the road when there is no cars on the other?
Old 02-04-2002, 22:28   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
Ok... I know that they can get you both ways... but what about when there is traffic on one side of the road??

eg.. Delhi rd, lane cove. There is a perm speed camera on the north side of the road facing east.

That road is VERY BUSY and often in the morning east bound traffic is at a stand still.

So the westbound traffic... there number plates would be blocked from view by the traffic going eastbound.

whats the go with that?

does that mean, that it can only get traffic on one side of the road when there is no cars on the other?
yeah see im confused i rememeber bout half year ago i went down a 60 zone at 80 but the speed camera was on the other side of the road, didnt get booked. Im not talking bout the new cameras just those old ones you see sometimes, the ones that are a box with a flasher on top of it.
Old 02-04-2002, 23:45   #8 (permalink)
goooone

They say they can get you on both sides but if you look the marks in the road from the sensors are usually only on one side even when they have signs saying other wise.
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub