Speed Cameras - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ā» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 21:09   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a Superoo on IRC

confused Speed Cameras

I just had a Rush of $h!t to the brain in the different states what do speed cameras use film or digital? im in w.a (wait awhile) and i have been flashed speeding before but never recieved a fine now i am unsure if another car was in the pic with me or not or if the is no film?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 22:20   #2 (permalink)

Re: Speed Cameras

i wouldn't complain if theres no fine sent out. In melb theres an intersection in the city that always gets me at night time, so i thought anyway, it turns out that the trams were making sparks in a street next to it, i thought they were flashes ya see ... ey? pretty silly i reckon.
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 00:39   #3 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

I was racing this tool on my way into the city and we were coming up to a bend where the speed camera is. Luckily for me I remembered and slowed down whilst the idiot went past me - enough to cover my car up in the speed camera shot lol - and I got off scot free hahaha

But yeah I've slipped up a couple of times and gotten the camera flash but no fine. These days I take it easier.
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:01   #4 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

To actually answer the question, I believe the cameras are digital and use optical media (like a CD-ROM) to store the images. It can also take up to several weeks for the Involuntary $peed Tax™ notice to arrive...

Disclaimer: the above info was gleaned from threads on here and may or not be accurate. Please do not take this as gospel.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:02   #5 (permalink)

see them all the time, sometimes i get flashed from other cars flying past me, i'm in a slow truck, but to date havn't received a fine for a couple of years from the revenue raisers

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub