speed limits - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2003, 15:46   #1 (permalink)

speed limits

hi guys... does anyone know how the goverment decides what speed is suitable for which road cause i must say that there is no consistancy when it comes to this .... just the other day i was driving in a van and approached a corner which was marked 100km ph and i just made it round doing 70 ... yes i know a van aint too good at handling but i reckon even in a normal car that would be pushing the limits let alone if it was raining. i see many roads out there where the speed constantly changes but i dont see a justafied reason for this and im not talking about suburban street these are mostly 80 90 100 kmph zones..
boss351c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2003, 15:49   #2 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

It's a bit like driving through the Black Spur in outer-Melbourne, it's a fairly long stretch of road consisting of a sh!t-load of bendybits, curves and whatnot, yet, the speed limit is marked at 100kmph, but there's no way you could sit on 100kmph through there without ending in the trees, but it still encourages you to try

half of the time you cant even go past 60 in it, and perhaps it promotes nasty driving...

but some times they need to make proper speed limits
Old 02-14-2003, 15:50   #3 (permalink)
Team Galaxy Try Hard

just about all corners have their own speed "recommendation" if they require a slower speed. They also are always x5 (65, 75, 85, 95) so your not to get confused with the actual road speed limit. I guess its possible the sign was missing from that bend.
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub