Speed Limting and the Typhoon: Let's do something - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2004, 20:33   #1 (permalink)
.au member

Speed Limting and the Typhoon: Let's do something

Well as we're all aware, the F6 has been copping a fair bit of flack as of late due to its rather 'impressive' figures.

But what about HSV and every other performance car maker in Australia?

It seems that due to the opinions voiced by an ill-informed minority (Scruby, Bracks etc), that the performance car industry is coming under fire for something that has been widely accepted and even praised for decades.

Its now been reported that Bracks wants to limit cars to around 130kms/hr - something that Scruby suggested only a few days ago. Yet NOBODY is looking at the entire issue of road safety as a whole. While it's very easy to come out and say that the likes of FPV and HSV are 'suit wearing terrorists' because of the cars they produce, it's another thing to generalise problems and take aim at manufacturers because of their products evolution.

It's time that Australia as a whole woke up to itself. Cars do not drive themselves. Cars do not kill people - PEOPLE kill people. If someone lacks the common sense to drive in a safe and respoinsible manner, the rest of the motoring public should NOT have to wear that and be penalised for it.

Thus i suggest we all do what we can to voice this - write to your local member, write to the transport ministers of each state and tell them how you feel! It is only through standing up for our rights as responsible and safe drivers that we will make it clear that a blanket generalisation and a 'band aid' measure will not make the situation any better.

I'm seriously contemplating drafting a petition and asking new car dealers if they would carry it for us, as im sure that the vast majority of people looking at cars from GT's to XT's, SS's to Executives, would not appreciated being labeled as hoons simply because they choose to drive a particular model.

Together as a group, lets put our thoughts and opinions into responsible and civil actions to get the message across that we will not be labeled as hoons by a select few wishing to create headlines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2004, 20:38   #2 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Re: Speed Limting and the Typhoon: Let's do something

couldnt agree more........
Old 11-08-2004, 20:39   #3 (permalink)
Drink! Feck! Arse!

I suggest you may want to draft a form letter for people to simply print and sign and send to the polly of their choice.
Old 11-08-2004, 20:41   #4 (permalink)
.au member

Sourbastard, if enough people are interested in that, then i'll do it. I'm looking at making up a Word Document that we can all print off and use as a petition, then collect them all and send it in.
Old 11-08-2004, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
HSV

I don't think it will eventuate (speed limiting), however, count me in as well.
Old 11-08-2004, 20:45   #6 (permalink)
Drink! Feck! Arse!

maybe an electronic petition can be setup here on the forums to augment the written one?
Old 11-08-2004, 21:15   #7 (permalink)

This is SUNDEEP here.

Here's what I suggest.

a) Somebody make a standard letter/e-mail that we can all download.

b) Post the e-mail addresses of various politicians, MP's or television/radio stations on here.

c) Everybody can download and send the letter to all the e-mail addresses listed. Seeing as there's around 10000 members on the forums, if even 20% of that can put out the e-mail to 5 or so 'big' people that's like 10000 e-mails sent. Get what I mean?? That's a whole lot of e-mails, enough to make at least a little bit of a difference. Somebody will eventually put it on TV/Radio. It has to be reeaalllyyy good but.

Anyone think this is a good or bad idea??

Sundeep
Old 11-08-2004, 21:18   #8 (permalink)

To add to that; say you were some big name radio personality and you received an e-mail from some guy who isn't happy about these new laws/legislations that may be brought in. He'd be like "meh, one e-mail who gives a shit"....say he gets 2000 of the same e-mail he might be like "hmmm...these people are pretty passionate about this, let's do something, put it on the radio"

Get this jist?

I've been thinking of this for a while, it might work.

Sundeep
Old 11-08-2004, 21:52   #9 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Even though this stupid speed limiting idea has no chance of being implemented, im still outraged that they can even suggest it for some reason.

Steve Bracks was explaining the reason for it on radio/tv and it went something like..."well there are some people who percieve thee vehicles as powerful because of the way theyre advertised (Typhoon TUrbo) and some of these people, a small percentage feel the need to test those limits."

NO SHIT YOU GOOSE! FPV is the performance arm of Ford and any serious enthusiast WILL test them...most likely on a racetrack.

Anyway, if youre gonna do the email thing, set up a online petition against this idea as well so people can type in their details and you can print it out and show it to the media.

While your at it set up another petition against the abuse of motorists by Bracks can chuck in Carr while your at it.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 22:25   #10 (permalink)
.au member

I'd rather send it in the mail than electronically, a lot easier to say 'it never turned up' if its in an email. and it looks more official if its all hand signed etc.

Ill draft up some stuff tonight, post it on here and we'll go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub