speeding fine drama. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2004, 07:35   #1 (permalink)
WHATEVER !!!!!!!

speeding fine drama.

hey well little while ago last year.

got done for speeding up in swanview. 89 in a 50

coming out of a round about
sure cops sure

then xmas eve got done in byford doing 94 in a 60 zone. but they foolowed me 3 kms home befor booking me.
thing is they recon i went from the hwy to the railway line (where they got me going over it at 94 kph) which is a distance of 100 mtrs. how the **** is that possible in a bog stock eb2

im contesting the fine. very soon

just wondering what coments u guys have.

oh yeh is it like 0-100 in 9. something secs for an eb ?

the other thing is i have taken it over the drags and got bout 80 time slips saying i can only do 106 kms in 201 mtrs.

so how can i do 94 in 100 mtrs

would i be able to use that as evidence agaist my case?
same with like a print off from ford of the specks of an eb ie

http://www.geocities.com/falconfacts.../ebfalcon.html

pacemaker extractors , 2.5 ' sports exhaust by d&t, tickford cam, ss cold air induction kit, k&n air filter, lovell superlows . 35% premium tint

soon to have ef xr6 lsd diff in

kenwood deck, clarion front splits 6.5's , clarion rear 6.5's, 2 clarion 600 wtt 12' subs, 1000 wtt amp.
silver bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2004, 08:59   #2 (permalink)
Mr Baron Samedi Man

Re: speeding fine drama.

what can i say invest in a radar detector

current car

Chev Camaro Iroc-Z
thehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 10:10   #3 (permalink)

I think if you take it to court and ask them to prove it.. and they can't prove it, then you can get off.
fordfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:29   #4 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

I'm assuming that there is some sort of stop sign or similar to force you to make a standing start ? (i.e. will the police contest that you started from zip ? ).

I would probably try and prove your performance point mathematically, before relying on drag times (while the drag times are good evidence imo, being cynical I would try and avoid forming any links with "dragging" or "Racing" in the magistrates mind if at all possible. It will only encourage belief that you are a "hoon" by nature or practice etc etc).

If you can confirm the standing start will not be contested, you should measure the actual distance you are contesting over properly (pace it out a few times, or borrow a measuring wheel), and also do some testing of the car (on a private strip of course - you don't want more trouble). A dyno result from your car might also be useful for demonstrating it is not modified or putting out unusual power for the model (heh, pick a hot day for the dyno :) ).

If your being straight up, and feel you have a legit cause to contest, I would go for it. I would however, suggest that it might be worthwhile getting some proper legal advice on it though (if nothing else it might give you more info on exactly what you need, or what to expect.

Last edited by XR8 Lamah; 02-23-2004 at 12:31.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 16:14   #5 (permalink)
EA-S MPI 5-Speed

hey,
what he is tryin to say is like coz u were coming out of a corner that you wouldnt have had a standing start like what you would have had at calder or wherever;,
so like you can get more speed in less time.

so it is possible that they could have got you doing that,
but yea seek some legal advice first i rekon. to be on the safe side
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:24   #6 (permalink)
WHATEVER !!!!!!!

it was round a bend or coming out of a bed ie t juntion
coming from the right turning left
and going bout 100 mtrs over the railway line. i didint see ne cops untill i got home got out of my car and went to walk inside where they came over the hill put lights and sirens on and pulled in.

i have since tryed at (night very late ) to do it to see what speed i could get up to.
only got 77 kph

my mate tryed on his 02 gsxr 1000 motor bike and only got 97 kph.

ive written a statement out and me boss at work is showing his lawyer friend and he will advise my boss (who is coming to the court with me ) on the best way to defend it.

i was thinking of getting a measuring wheel to messure it and to take photos of the road.

it was bluddy xmas eve double demerit points so 8 points all up
if i dont win im going to loose my licance which ****s me for work (no pub transport) or cant get a ride

byford to malaga long way
:(
bout getting car dynoed . where in perth does it and how much ?????
could be usefull

pacemaker extractors , 2.5 ' sports exhaust by d&t, tickford cam, ss cold air induction kit, k&n air filter, lovell superlows . 35% premium tint

kenwood deck, clarion front splits 6.5's , clarion rear 6.5's, 2 clarion 600 wtt 12' subs, 1000 wtt amp.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:10   #7 (permalink)
Love having 3 peddles

Ask to see the log of the radar / laser gun and make sure it has been serviced and calobrated a month prior to you being nabed. Cos it use to be a monthly thing but now who knows. I know a few people got off due to the radar / laser gun not being serviced at its regular time, liked three months passed its service date.

Buy a good radar detector, mine has saved my ass on a number of occasions, and has payed for it self over a couple of times. Just don't get caught with it, in Vic it is a $500 fine a bye bye radar detector.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:26   #8 (permalink)
WHATEVER !!!!!!!

yeh always wanted one think i will be investiing in 1 now
how much a good 1 cost thease days ???
can u get them new or only secondhand ?

Old 02-24-2004, 13:28   #9 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

In NSW they are talking about beefing up the penalty for radar detectors . . . to 9 points . . . thats right 3/4 of your license in one hit . . .

With no public transport, there is a reasonable chance that you could put a case (and get it) for leniency (if you can't get off altogether), since it would cost your job etc. As far as I know its not uncommon for judges to let you keep your licence in these situations (but heaven help you if you get caught again!)
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 13:39   #10 (permalink)
gone

Unless you are looking to spend upto 2500 for a upgradable stealth radar detector.. dont buy anything

as 99% of radar detectors are detectable..

Go and take photos of area you where booked, get a copy of police reports, measure it up, and go see a solicitor
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub