Sportsman LTD / XTR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2001, 20:49   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Sportsman LTD / XTR8

Ok so ford has a Sportsman Fairlane Ghia.. No body really picked up on it, and why would they... Its crap. Well maybe not crap, just nothing special

So what about a LTD Sports man..

First thing is, see all that crappy interior fake wood? Get it chromed or finished in a flat aluminium finish. With dark leather it will look 10x better. Brushed aluminium dash inserts?

Offer it with the 220Kw Xr8/T-series engine

Have it avalible with some sweet looking wheels, the std LTD set aren't terribly sporty.

Some extra badging, chome or aluminium stuff. Some scuff gaurds made nice...

See no need for people to be temped by Audi or Merceedes or Holden, the LTD can be exciting in a special kind of reserved european way.

Launch these on the LTD, then maybe pass them on through the line later on..

For example a XTR8, the XR8 for FTe dealers, it has the chromed/brushed aluminium interior inserts, uprated discs/caliper package, some exterior chromey bits, maybe a optional six speed

Well whatda ya reckon?

The LTD rasie interest in the ford lineup, and personally I don't see why the FTe dealers shouldn't have a XR8 in the line up...

The T in xTr8 also makes the R8 sound, hence clubsport R8 competition, even tho its just a extension of the XR name, and obviously linking with the t-series range. Sort of sperates the subtile T series line up as well, as it will still have the XR front.

That way you can save the GT name for something special.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2001, 21:26   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Am I the only one who's noticed that all you do is complain about Ford?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 21:33   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
Am I the only one who's noticed that all you do is complain about Ford?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Nope I have noticed too
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:28   #4 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

IPhido,

You have to realise that FORD can't market every model at the younger guys, this is obviously the market that you have placed your version of the Sportsman LTD. They have to offer something for the more mature age person thats wants something different from the standard car, I think this is what the Sportman Fairlane is about.

We already have the brushed metal/Carbon Fibre etc in the TE50, TL Fairlane.

They can't please everybody with every model they release.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:31   #5 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Sorry forgot, I do however like your idea about the XTR8, although I don't know if thats the name I'd give it.
Old 06-07-2001, 03:47   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I'd call it XR8 Sprint. Rumours of the stroker for a limited edition XR8 has got the name sprint written all over it. It has a bit of history with the ED Sprint and it's not too far removed from the XR8 or too close to the T-Series.

Just in case you haven't noticed I luuurrrvveee the XR8 Sprint branding... oohhh baby yeah!!.. :mmm: :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 03:52   #7 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
I'd call it XR8 Sprint. Rumours of the stroker for a limited edition XR8 has got the name sprint written all over it. It has a bit of history with the ED Sprint and it's not too far removed from the XR8 or too close to the T-Series.

Just in case you haven't noticed I luuurrrvveee the XR8 Sprint branding... oohhh baby yeah!!.. :mmm: :thumbup:
Yep, I totally agree mate. XR8 Sprint with stroker....mmmmm :mmm:

There's no reason why Ford shouldn't provide the Stroker as an option on the XR8 or as a fulltime model in FTE showrooms.

If it was an option, they can detune it to say 235-240kw to get well past SS for a change, and still leave enough left over for T-SERIES.
Old 06-07-2001, 04:29   #8 (permalink)
The cat in the hat

From a marketing point of view it makes no sense to release a special value pack LTD. There is nothing about an LTD that is value..people who buy them do so because they have $65,000 to spend on something that is not that far from a Fairlane but says 'look at me I can afford an LTD.'

Release an SVP and Ford would risk losing that already small prestige (and extremely profitable) market.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:44   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Ford are at the stage where anything they do would not hurt the sales figures for the Fairlane because they are at the point where they don't really have any sales figures to speak of really.

The only thing they can do in the meantime to lift the cars appeal and get the media to cover the car is by releasing special editions. In the end it can't hurt.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:48   #10 (permalink)
The cat in the hat

Svp Fairlanes definately dont hurt Fairlane sales..
What Im saying is an LTD SVP just doesnt fit
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub