SR Thoughts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2002, 07:36   #1 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Question SR Thoughts

Ok people, any ideas on the new SR Falcon?.
I sure hope they give the sedan sportier mags than the current ones. they lack the sporty feel IMO.
What features will they have?.
Any opinions welcome.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2002, 15:32   #2 (permalink)
cArSiK

im not sure if there will be an SR , I hope the bring the S-pack back...
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 23:57   #3 (permalink)
X-TRAIL 4X4

What about the X-pac

-- Webber + Williams = 2005 Champs --
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 23:59   #4 (permalink)
Code Monkey

or the 500??
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:26   #5 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

:s3 :s2: Yeah bring back the S-Pack!! (with the side skirts!) :s6: lol
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:36   #6 (permalink)
HSV eater

I hope there is one. It can be thw most yoputh oriented model, a stepping stone between Forte and XR. It should have a Tickford bodykit, mags and should be much lower. It should get a sunroof, 6 stack CD player and lairy trim/ stickers. Aggressive advertising would need to be used and it would appeal to high school/uni students. To reach this goal, it would have to have a real incentive( free servicing or insurance, driveaway or low finance rates ) .
Old 07-30-2002, 01:45   #7 (permalink)
cArSiK

Quote:
Originally posted by FalconIV
It should have a Tickford bodykit, mags and should be much lower. It should get a sunroof, 6 stack CD player and lairy trim/ stickers. Aggressive advertising would need to be used and it would appeal to high school/uni students
With all those features it would probably be close or at the price of the base XR6 - but it would be good for under 25's insurance because it would have the forte's mechanical package and not seen as a performance car as the XR's are.
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:57   #8 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Yeah it would be good to see a sportier SR (S-pack).

Front air dam and rear boot lip with a sports exhaust and interior, including the sports instument cluster. Don't forget lower riding height and the mags...

To sell I think it needs to sound as good as it looks for the younger generation, but keep it insurable but keeping the base model motor.

Has to look mean. :damon:
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 05:40   #9 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Yeah i think it should be a car with a full kit like AM's got at the momment! a really awesome one, but leave the engine resonably stock. This will help keep the insurance down for the younger fellers (which was why i choose the S-pack over the XR, although it was dearer for purchase!) as for an exhaust... it could be a risky thing, not every one is into the loud exhausts, and a exhaust does not have to be very loud to be illegal!

Sunroofs: they are great but are around the $2000 mark, to expensivve for a standard feature IMO.
But falconIV i am a fan of the stickers and lowering to help it look aggressive, but still at a low cost.

Hell i dont want it to be too good, or i will wanna trade in my s-pack!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:16   #10 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

i seem to remember Geoff himself confirming the availabilty of a V8 manual option for BA forte. There is probably your SR

FalconIV- i dont think new car sales of SR Falcon are aimed at uni/school students. Not many students i know have $35000 in disposable income to spend on a car. The younger market is more 25-35 year olds with a full time work salary
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub