SR6 and SR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2002, 02:34   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

SR6 and SR8

We already have the SR, so the work's been done. Just make up some badges, and those that are sold with the I6 call them SR6, and those sold with the 8 call them SR8.

You get instant XR wannabe status in an entry-level Forte, with a name that would differentiate and aid in resale, no dilution of the XR brand, whilst leveridging their existing market recognition.

Something to think about when they're looking at bundling options to sell more AV's.

What do you all think?

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2002, 02:59   #2 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Me thinks it sounds ok.

Does that mean the SR2 laser is 2 cylinder?

Paul
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:01   #3 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

It is a really good idea IMO though. sorry, that post didn't sound to good. lol
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:17   #4 (permalink)

not a bad idea, but there are going to be too many models as it is. it would just confuse people even further. you have to keep in mind that the average joe who's buying a car is most likely going to have an iq of below 80, and if they are defecting from holden, slightly higher.

of course, there are exceptions, and most of those people come here.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:47   #5 (permalink)
RACE

It would have been a good idea when AU was first launched. A 175kw Windsor SR8 and the standard 6 with current SR type wheels and kit would have been good.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:13   #6 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

Nah sorry, jase doesn't like it!! An XR is pretty much a basic falcon base with a body kit and a bit more poke than normal. The SR6 SR8 sounds too close to XR6 XR8, Just call them an 's' pack!!!
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 05:15   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

With the XR8 pushing $50k and can be optioned to ~$55 I think there is room for something cheaper.

Some people like more focused models. SR6 and SR8 sound good to me and can work with the XR range as well. Keep them focused to the low end of the market. Cut weight and price.

The S and the SR are kinda not well intergrated, at the start of the production they could call them S6 and S8 and during the end of a run they could change the specification and call them SR6, SR8. Which is kinda what they do already.

Keep them below $35k.. LSD should be standard, sporty suspension, but cutting back on non essientials like electric gizmos and interior dodads. Maybe keep 16" steelies as a option (some people want something a bit of a sleeper) if it saves $1-$2k from the price.

Then again maybe you want to keep the customers closer to the XR models. Holden does quite well with the S and SS, and executives that carry aspects of the S bodykit.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 14:06   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

While on this subject, Dad inquired about a V8 Forte Manual with the manditory ABS/LSD and the reccomended RRP is $38,600. Considering it's a base model and 175kw i think it's abit dear. If they put the SR package for that price i think it will be quite an attractive package, ie Spoiler, decent mags, sideskirts etc.

As for the names, i think they ok the way they are. I mean how many people will actually buy a forte manual V8 in the first place to justify Ford making a dedicated model SR8.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 15:04   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Concidering a top spec XR8 can cost $60+ I think there is a reason to introduce a basic ~$30k package.

XR's have very little incommon with base falcons. Point of diffrences include, engine, wheels, body kit, head lights, spoilers, interior design, optional leather, optional brakes, basic equipment (power windows stero etc), suspension, interior options (rex, nav etc)..

Basically the SR6 would be ~$32k:
16" Steel wheels
Spoiler
Sports suspension
LSD
Decent engine (185Kw)

The SR8 would be ~$36k
16" alloy wheels
Spoiler
Sports suspension
Side skirts
LSD
decent engine (~225kw)

Auto is extra. All options are forte options.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 15:26   #10 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

They could package an SR6 and SR8 with the havoc body kit as standard.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub