Star Trek !!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2001, 20:40   #1 (permalink)

Star Trek !!!!!!

Now, before I start this, I want to get one thing straight. I'm not a Trekie, it's one of those gulity pleasures. I've watch the show when I was a kid, but didn't watch much of the New Generation. I had teenager and college things going on at the time. Now TNN is showing STNG 24hrs. everyday this week. So, I'm catching up on the episodes. Last week I watched Enterprise, I liked it. It won it's time slot as well, 10 million tuned in to watch it. Saw the new one tonight as well, seems like a good show. Has anyone else watched it yet ?

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2001, 18:11   #2 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

I missed the pilot (which will be rectified with a friend's tape), but caught the show last night. I liked it; the show looks very promising, I like that everyone already seems to be getting into their characters (Next Gen seemed to take most of the first season to get there). I like the set design, nice low tech look--the tricorders look like fancy palm pilots!
Old 10-04-2001, 20:09   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I wished I had taped it, damn 10min commercials. Your right though the special effects are good. They did a good job designing the Enterprise.

My next Ford.....
Old 10-04-2001, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Mark VII Member

I am not really a trekee either. I do follow the show. I like the new Enterprise show. I was never a very big fan of Voyager. Deep Space Nine was kinda O.K. but it just didn't have it quite right. The best versions are the orignals than, The Next Generation, And I am hopeing from what I've seen that this new one could be good.
84 Mark VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 22:12   #5 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

It looked kinda cheap to me on the commercials...I've yet to watch it though. We'll see.

BTW, Jay Bunher just hit a homerun, and the M's are beating the Rangers 15 to 1. Just so you all know. :D
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 16:57   #6 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

The original is...well, The Original. Next Gen grew on me after a while. I liked DS9--it was much darker than the others and developed some great characters & conflicts. I hated Voyager, the space-anomaly-of-the-week-club got really old really fast.

The new one looks like a combo of Next Gen & DS9.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:35   #7 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member

I've been a trekkie since forever. I hated TNG when it first came out though, the acting was all stiff and artificial, and they recycled a couple plots directly from the original series. -10 points for originality...

Yeah, I think the acting on the Enterprise series is a lot more natural. But I'm gonna get tired of the "Vulcans are evil" tension real quick.
hyc GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 12:41   #8 (permalink)
Just some guy...

Quote:
Originally posted by hyc GTS
I've been a trekkie since forever. I hated TNG when it first came out though, the acting was all stiff and artificial, and they recycled a couple plots directly from the original series. -10 points for originality...

Yeah, I think the acting on the Enterprise series is a lot more natural. But I'm gonna get tired of the "Vulcans are evil" tension real quick.
I agree with you on both points. I also think that Scott Bakula was a good choice for the captain. :thumbup:
Old 10-19-2001, 15:26   #9 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

scott bakula nothing.

i'm watching 'cuz of that hot-as-pie vulcan!
Old 10-19-2001, 15:33   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dmark101
scott bakula nothing.

i'm watching 'cuz of that hot-as-pie vulcan!
Oh yeah, man does she have a hot bod.:mmm:

My next Ford.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub