Stolen Cars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2002, 15:20   #1 (permalink)

Stolen Cars

Plenty of members of our forum have had cars stolen. I'm curious as to whether this is representative of stolen car rates in Australia, or is something more insidious happening with our site? And perhaps other sites?
211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2002, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
gone

I would hope not Carolyn!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

do you think they trace us here from the site?I don't think so. Most car theft happened so far around Cronulla and Brighton, to be honest Cronulla is the sh#ttiest place in Sydney at night. It's one of the places you shouldn't go alone! too scary, everybody's drunk, almost troubles with the police every night, etc.The only thing to stop thieves is immobilizer, if you don't have it, don't leave your car alone!
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 16:43   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
The only thing to stop thieves is immobilizer, if you don't have it, don't leave your car alone!
i beg to differ ayman. i don't know if you check tickford club forums at all, but Ben's (TICKIN on ff.com) brother got held up at gunpoint on Bondi (???) and the guys just took off his keys, wallet and drove off. nowadays, you can't be safe unless you have insurance AND satelite tracking.
Old 04-15-2002, 16:54   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Nick I know about that time in Bondi, it was bad. I'm just letting the people in Mebourne know about this, Bondi is another beach near Sydney, which is even worse than Cronulla. I saw two gays running naked in bondi and the police trying to convince them that this is not their bedroom!
If you're lucky you'll get a park place in the gated garage, otherwise it's too risky.
Old 04-15-2002, 17:03   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Given that statistically you have a 1 in 22 chance of having your car nicked in Sydney and more like 1 in 9 in the high risk suburbs we are probably just representative. For a Forum membership this size you would have to expect something like 5-10 losses per year - probably slightly worse vecause some of the cars are desirable items.

It's a bitch but that's life.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 17:08   #7 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I hope its not something that is happening through the site.

A couple of the cars that where stolen appear to have been random car thefts... not cars that would have been sought out... just people looking for a joy ride or something.

I am always very cautious about things like that. I always make it a habbit to not give any one my surname, or even the suburb I live in.

I was being intereviewed for a newspaper article on street racing a few weeks back - the reporter asked for my surname, and I refused to give it to her. She kept asking me for it. After about the 6th time she asked I said..."No - cos then it is possible that someone can track down where I live and steal my car".
She said "oh yeah. I guess there is a lot of money poured into these race cars" (refering to all the cars at eastern creek drags)
Old 04-15-2002, 17:10   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
I saw two gays running naked in bondi and the police trying to convince them that this is not their bedroom!
LMAO!!! :s3

"thorry offither, we didn't notithe. we were playing horthie and bruthe got carried away"
Old 04-15-2002, 17:10   #9 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

ok, does anyone know the population ratio in Sydney- Melbourne-Brisbane-,,,,,?
Old 04-15-2002, 20:11   #10 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
nowadays, you can't be safe unless you have insurance AND satelite tracking.
There are other methods but for legal reasons they won't be mentioned here!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub