Street Driving??????????????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2002, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
newxr8

Street Driving???????????????

Hi again,

Sorry to upset you Laminge!

Just trying to create an informative thread on vehicles and performance on the street! Maybe racing was the wrong word to use? Anyway you have shut a thread with many views and one which people have lots of opinions about! Why not shut it after one thread - nothings changed?

Once again sorry to upset you!

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2002, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

I stand behind Laminge 100% Street racing aint the way to go......
For i promise you 1 day you will screw up & the unfortunate party will the the innocent person or even "FAMILY" you have just wiped out...
But laminge most of the replies are about what can blow ayway what with no real innuendo on "Go out & do it"
Most of these are personal recolections on Stoopid things we might have done, not going to do..
How bout re-opening the thread?? Or do we just start a new one???
p.s. im not trying to pi$$ you off either just trying to keep an open perspective

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
newxr8

Quote:
Originally posted by svo302
I stand behind Laminge 100% Street racing aint the way to go......
For i promise you 1 day you will screw up & the unfortunate party will the the innocent person or even "FAMILY" you have just wiped out...
But laminge most of the replies are about what can blow ayway what with no real innuendo on "Go out & do it"
Most of these are personal recolections on Stoopid things we might have done, not going to do..
How bout re-opening the thread?? Or do we just start a new one???
p.s. im not trying to pi$$ you off either just trying to keep an open perspective
Hi,

Again I also agree - street racing = bad! I don't go to street races and don't go looking for them! This was poorly worded from start - my fault! However thread had some entertaining comments for those of us interested in on road performance. I was particularly after info. on performance of new xr's te50's etc. against other vehicles such as commys, wrex etc but found the comments on the older vehicles worthy of reading!

Thanks
Tim
Old 03-01-2002, 01:57   #4 (permalink)

street racing is definitely a bad thing, no doubt about that. there's only one problem, most of us, if not all, have done it. why turn a blind eye and ignore it?

my 2 opinionated cents
Old 03-01-2002, 03:17   #5 (permalink)
gone

Dont appologise mate.,

Your views are important and I beleive the thread should have run its life, I am dead against street racing, though i dont mind the odd cruise, I have seen what an impact of a car can do to a human being!

Racing should be kept to circuit work, it should be done in a well prepared car, it should have Ambos available!

Ok a quick drag at the lights is/may appear safe, but ask the mum and dad of a 8 year old girl how much fun it is, watching their daughter being buried!

I will leave this open, I have expressed my views, if it going to be another bragging thread, then I will close it and continue to close/delete all others!

I would hope that I would have at least 90% support!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:18   #6 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
street racing is definitely a bad thing, no doubt about that. there's only one problem, most of us, if not all, have done it. why turn a blind eye and ignore it?

my 2 opinionated cents
Thats fine to say Ads, but have we ignored it, pray tell me how?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:12   #7 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Thumbs up

Ok laminge, I'm with you. Street racing is dangerous,unsafe,will get you in troubles sooner or later. I feel embarrassed because I was enthusiastic about that thread at the beginning. Though I still believe what Tim wanted is to compare how would the XR8 compares to other makes in normal driving conditions,right mate?

And I get the point, guys: if you wanna do street race, at least do it near a Hospital or something!Just joking ,ok, joking.
No seriously, this forum is a fine one and we'll keep talks like street racing in a private messages,if any.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:19   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Talking about street racing is fine.. doing it is another matter all together.
I have no problem with idle chatter about it however if things become too far testosterone filled then I'm with minge 100%. I too know the sad effects of car fatalities.. It certainly isn't pleasant..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:02   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge

Thats fine to say Ads, but have we ignored it, pray tell me how?
to be brutally honest, i don't know... it made sense at the time but i doesn't now. oh well...
Old 03-01-2002, 16:47   #10 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Very nice read at carpoint about the sti,
reminder:T3 is .3 seconds faster than the STI in 0-100,.3 seconds faster in 1/4 mile:s6: wheels or motor,one of them.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/revie...ry.asp?ID=3811
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub