The stupid Aussie public - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2002, 08:33   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

The stupid Aussie public

I have to get this off my chest. Tonight at work I spoke to a young person who is set to buy a new car. (He has 40k) I asked him what type of car he wanted to get. He said he had no idea. Being a Ford man i thought "Here is a chance to sell the man a BA and do my bit for the cause."

Anyway i told him "What you reckon of the new falcon, pretty nice hey?". To my amazement he goes "The new Ford! YOU LIKE FORDS!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA THEY ARE SHIT!!!!!!!!!" I usually cop this from ignorant mates so i said "Yeah, yeah but what you reckon of the new one, looks great, nice features and pretty decently priced compared to other makes eh?"

Ensteins replys "YEAH BUT FORDS ARE SHIT MAN!!!"

So i asked him are you going to actually have a look at the new falcons and consider buying one? He told me "Nah waste of time, HOLDEN RULES MAN!!"

Do you see what i am talking about here - if Holden outsells Ford with their VY you can put it down to this moronic attitude from the general public that have been influenced by the media as well as the V8 Supercars.

Now although i am a Ford man and always will be (I stuck through AU goddamnit!) i consider myself a car connoisseur rather that a one eyed dick head. I looked at both VY and BA at dealers on numerous occassions closely and thought without doubt and all bias aside the Falcon is better.

But how can we get people like these to do the same.........

Please God let the BA outsell the VY - prove me wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2002, 08:43   #2 (permalink)

Yep, I have the same thing with my mates.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:51   #3 (permalink)

Dont worry there mate, these sorryasses jump ship , as soom as ford starts winning they will say the same things about holden
Old 10-25-2002, 09:05   #4 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

My girlfriend was very anti ford until today. We walked into a ford dealership and the Blueprint XR6 did it all. . . the light was seen

To her credit though, she loves the ride of my AU but the problem is that many young people are victims of holdens marketing and the fact that holden wins bathurst.

BA beats the new Magna, sorry . . . Commodore
Old 10-25-2002, 09:14   #5 (permalink)
Addicted User

Wouldn't it be a good idea to do a survey on car buyers and see which of the buyers who buy a Particular make actually go out and compare it with the competion. I'm talking test drives or a good look at the least. I bet there's one in manufacture in the pack that gets alot of customers that don't compare or look with any effort at all, and that's why they say "Holden Rules Man!! Ive never try anything else"...
Old 10-25-2002, 09:28   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

This attitude amongst people will change, its just going to take some time.
Old 10-25-2002, 17:29   #7 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Ahh well.. if Falcon walks away with this year's COTY, it could turn the falcon's current perceived image 180 degrees..
Can't see it beating the new 6 though unfortunately.
Old 10-25-2002, 18:57   #8 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

roll Arrrghhhh...

Quote:
Originally posted by philstoj
Dont worry there mate, these sorryasses jump ship , as soom as ford starts winning they will say the same things about holden
What do you think happened with the AU? Falcon and Commode were line ball until then. The swingers, winner backers, and various breeds of tossers will see the bright blue light one day.
And the 'Fords are shit' mentality makes me want to kill whoever says it.
On another, but related subject, a Holden fan I know borrowed something of mine, got it back, and all over, it had written on it 'fords sux' and 'holdens rulz'. . Freak can't spell, with bad grammar, how in hell do you suppose he can choose a car? Grrr..
Old 10-25-2002, 19:28   #9 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Re: Arrrghhhh...

Quote:
Originally posted by ford.boy
Freak can't spell, with bad grammar, how in hell do you suppose he can choose a car? Grrr..
Maybe he thinks grammar is that old lady he visits every christmas and easter LOL
I won't even BEGIN to mention some comments I've heard.. it's a shame but people will realise that the tables have turned. I hope we get the car of the year, that will shut ALOT of people up but I guess time will tell.. Rome wasn't built in a day you know
Old 10-25-2002, 22:12   #10 (permalink)
mmm, non - dentable doors

mate, the easiest thing is to get some rice friends that adore the fact that you own a nice car, like me!

i agree, give it a couple of months and the holden guys will be begging to park next to your car

later, danny

btw, saw an xt barra, it had a dent already, i wanted to steal it off him, some people, no repsect!

HEAR THE V8
SEE THE V8
KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

Related Reading: The stupid Aussie public