suggestions please. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2002, 20:53   #1 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

suggestions please.

It seems an old lady decided to write off my car last week. It was a very sad weekend when i found out the damage was up to $7000 and i was advised to take my stereo out.

Anyway my dad is now off to negotiate the payout now and i am expecting around $6-$7000 and i have no idea what i want to buy.
Maybe an EB11 or ED like i had but it just wouldn't be the same except this time it would be manual. I bought superlows last week but didn't get a chance to put them on. :(
Maybe a VS wagon with a clubsport body kit to be different. Its not a ford though so it is only a very iffy idea.

Please help
Any suggestions on any car i can afford and advice pros/cons would be welcome.
Thankyou
Dan (a shadow of his former self )
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2002, 21:10   #2 (permalink)

are you going to put in any extra cash? for not much more you will be getting in to EF territory......
Another ED would be nice though, especially with the superlow's!!!

RE. VS wagon - i shall refrain from comment, bad personal experiences with them, nice car all the same.
marktx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 21:18   #3 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

A little bit but not much. probably only get it up to about $8000 at the most as i started working on another engine for my mini and its draining alot of my pitiful part time earnings at the wonderful smorgys. Damn i hate being at Uni. A new job would help too.

One bad comment is all it would take to put me off the VS its not a ford so it wont take much convincing. It wouldn't go with my XR8 boxer shorts.

And also any suggestions would be taken to mind whether the car is old or new, or any model, must be P Plate legal in Vic.
Thanks again
Old 09-01-2002, 21:25   #4 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

You might get an eb xr6 for that money if you are lucky, not only do you get tickford badges but a 161kw I6
Old 09-01-2002, 21:41   #5 (permalink)
Tickford EL XR6

Look for an EB/ED XR6. I have seen them in Vic from $8000 private sale. They go for $5000/$6000 at the auctions (if you catch one).
I reckon you'd be better going for a good quality ED than a cheap EF. But the EEC V management and EF package is a nicer drive.
Tickford6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 21:42   #6 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

I like the idea of an EB XR6 thats exactly why i asked you guys. I wouldn't have even considered it. I think an EDXR6 might be a little pricey and the parents might think i want to speed and kill my self coz of the fancy go fast lights. They are wierd like that. I only just convinced them to let me have a manual.
But ill try to put some sense in their heads.

Keep the ideas coming Thanks HEAPS.

I just found this what do you think??

XR6 EF 1996 WHITE Sedan, 5sp Manual, THEFT RECOVERED,MISSING WHEELS, arriving Tuesday 3rd sept Engine No:JGSWTA93670 $7650 57842360 Peter Broadford Car Sales, 10 Cameron Parade, Broadford. LMCT8632

Should i stay away or should i find a cheap set of wheels??
Old 09-01-2002, 21:49   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Yes if not xr6 [insurance]atleast a Fairmont with the xr suspension. Can tell by the plastic looking bush's and slightly lower ride height.Though you have lower springs to put in, enhance it even more..Go for nice good condition car before worying about latter model [generaly]. Like a good E.B would be better than a rough high mileage E.L, you should querry why it's selling so cheap! for the price..Not that there is anything wrong with an E.L it's the price for one in good nick...

www.tradingpost.com.au
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 22:40   #8 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DansEdgli

One bad comment is all it would take to put me off the VS its not a ford so it wont take much convincing. It wouldn't go with my XR8 boxer shorts.

Don't wait for bad comments, just have a look under the VS & compare the different components with the Ford range. If you can't see stronger looking bits under there then open your eyes. If that don't convince you then take one for a drive. Also look at the donks, Didn't VS have one of those things that you take in for a grease & engine change? It might be a V6 versus our straight 6 but ...... at least ours is OHC (no push rods). Plus uhm ahh umm ooohh just dont all right. Or even try jumping over to LS1 & ask them what problems to expect from a VS, I'm sure they will know.
SRV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 23:07   #9 (permalink)

Go for something classy mate, you could get yourself a really nice XY or XW, or a ZD Fairlane, a X-Series Coupe. A 351 XD... there's heaps of good cars you could pick up for that money.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 01:30   #10 (permalink)
gone

Off Topic

Pearly... Love that Avatar mate., But why is she bouncing up and down?

ohhhh thats why!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub