Summernats - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2002, 14:17   #1 (permalink)

Summernats

Went and had a look at *yawn* Summernats last night, or should I say the Ricenats or the Commodoreswithwingsnats. Inside EPIC it was very quiet only about a dozen cars circulating, not much action happening except for a bunch of yobbos trying very hard (and loudly) to encourage a well endowed girl to lift her top that she was barely wearing anyway. A few cars were cutting loose doing a few burnouts where obviously the security was a bit lax but they soon stopped that when the security guards closed the internal gates and stopped anybody from cruising within the complex at about 10pm.
I decided that Braddon was the go so I cruised down there and it was much more lively but mostly with full sick moight rice and Crumbledores. I probably saw half a dozen half decent Fords all night and a zillion ricers, rotaries and Commies.
There were no burnouts happening as there was quite a large police presence. To their credit (the cops) they weren't going ballistic booking or defecting everybody they were just mingling with the crowd and making themselves be seen so that people wouldn't do burnouts and stuff.
Interesting fords that I saw include Garry Meyer's Mustang, a blown V8 TC or TD Cortina and a Mad Max replica XC coupe in matt black primer, no grille complete with two large fuel tank looking things in the back just like the original. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out (black cars don't photograph well at night for some reason!). A couple of 32-34 Ford hotrods that had been at previous Nats were there as well. There was also a tubbed V8 Bronco which looked kinda cool. There was an EB or ED Falcon that I thought was Kelli's at first, had similar mags, similar colour but looking at the back of it it was only a GLi with an XR front. The giveaway of course was the lack of neon ;ight emmitting from it! :s6:
All in all pretty disapointing so far. As I said the ricers and Crumbledores seem to outnumber anything else by at least 10:1.
I'll try and get some photos in the daylight and post them here when I get a chance.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2002, 17:03   #2 (permalink)

Some pics

Excuse the low quality - lousy photographer + cheap digital camera + no photoshop

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 01-03-2002, 17:04   #3 (permalink)

Another pic

Where's Max?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 01-03-2002, 17:05   #4 (permalink)

Another...

An early Sprint converted to tray top.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 01-03-2002, 17:06   #5 (permalink)

Last one

Talent in Braddon!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Old 01-03-2002, 18:10   #6 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Read

That XC coupe looks like it would be a lot of fun to terrorise around the streets in :s6:
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 18:53   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Arrow NOTICE FROM YOUR FRIENDLY TRAFFIC CONTROLLER

PLEASE DON'T DRIVE THROUGH ANY SIGNS, BARRIERS OR 1m BOLLARDS. I AM THE PERSON DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PLACEMENT AND MAINTENANCE SO IF YOU DAMAGE/STEAL/FARK WITH ANY OF THESE ITEMS YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF PERSONALLY.

Just thought you should know..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 19:00   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

looks like there was some chickies coming your way:s6:
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 19:07   #9 (permalink)

you were in braddon last night?

i was the poor bastard working the console at the mobil servo on the corner till midnight (where you took the talent shot from). yes, alot of people but mostly ricer shite and crappadores. fairly good perve in the servo though.

i'm glad i havn't got my ute back now. i would hate to have had to park it out there all night. one of the other guys who works there had a very tidy original vk grp3 and when he started his shift at 6pm he parked it in the 3 little spots right out the front. as he got to the door of the shop he heard it start up and turned around to see some bastard drive it straight through the bushes, off the gutter and up the road. the coppers didn't catch them, they found a burned out shell that could have been it about a week later near goulburn. BASTARDS!!
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 20:05   #10 (permalink)

Bad luck about your mate's car, lucky it was only a Commodore and nothing good (LOL jkg).
There was farking heaps of talent out last night (mostly with BF though), got a stiff neck (amongst other things...) from perving. Like I said there wasn't a lot of cars to look at unless you like rice or Commodores.
I worked at that servo for 1 shift years ago, talk about stress, I walked out and never came back!
I take my hat off to you.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub