Super Size Me! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44   #1 (permalink)

Super Size Me!

Re: Super Size Me..
Anyone else seen this movie? Whilst waiting to see it we had people from the previous session walking out and saying, "oh, you'll never eat Mcdonalds again". So i thought it was going to be sickening. It wasn't bad at all and what suprised me is that it was actually quite funny.
For those who have seen it, will the movie change whether you'll eat Mcdonalds again?
Just curious what ppl think of it.
For those who don't know about this doco/movie... put simply
a guy eats Mcdonalds and nothing buy Mcdonalds for 30 days.

(haven't seen any other threads on this yet. It's late and I'm bored)
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2004, 13:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: Super Size Me!

Well I personally haven't eaten McDonalds in years, so I don't need a movie to put me off that crap.. I can't see this movie stopping everyone from eating there.
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 14:04   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
Re: Super Size Me..
Anyone else seen this movie? Whilst waiting to see it we had people from the previous session walking out and saying, "oh, you'll never eat Mcdonalds again". So i thought it was going to be sickening. It wasn't bad at all and what suprised me is that it was actually quite funny.
For those who have seen it, will the movie change whether you'll eat Mcdonalds again?
Just curious what ppl think of it.
For those who don't know about this doco/movie... put simply
a guy eats Mcdonalds and nothing buy Mcdonalds for 30 days.

(haven't seen any other threads on this yet. It's late and I'm bored)
It was alot better than I expected. I'm not a big Macca's eater so it only really strengthened my resolve not to eat there, but bear in mind that while the doco concentrates on Macca's, it essentially encompasses nearly all fast food joints bar perhaps Subway. The Today Tonight expose on the contents of meat pies was worse, chowing down on a pastry filled with cow anus stunted sales for a few weeks, but the drop only lasts as long as peoples memories.

Early on in the piece I recall the doctor saying that the body is very adaptable but the doco guy had a very healthy and balanced diet prior to pumping himself with Maccas, so it's probably not indicitive of how your average punter who has Maccas a few times a month would react. I don't know how he puts up with his missus though, geez.. I'd be giving her the flick.

I have to say though, the hick who's had 19,000? Big Macs. Scary looking fellow, but surprisingly thin. Shows you what the fries do to you...
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 14:45   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I actually really want to see this. Is it showing in normal cinemas?
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 15:21   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, i went and seen a movie on saturday and seen no record of if even showing.
any idea where its showing?
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 15:37   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Showing at most Greater Unions as far as I know
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub