superstitious - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2002, 02:22   #1 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

superstitious

i think im being a bit superstitious here im told my car is ready for delivery on friday the 13th but i might wait till saterday.
OwnaXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2002, 06:24   #2 (permalink)

Hi,

Well it's only one day later! I say just wait until saturday so you won't be worried!! By the way is it a XR6T?? judging by your username I think it is, but anyway enjoy the car!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:50   #3 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

Nah mate pick it up on the 13th. I think that it will be a "special" car with 400kW because of the Antisticion practise. Either that or you will die in it on the way home from the hand of a VY SS.
Old 12-12-2002, 13:35   #4 (permalink)

Yeah it is a turbo, im not going to wait till saturday im picking it up at 1pm today, cant wait. i just hope they regoed it yesterday.
Old 12-12-2002, 17:21   #5 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Today the thriteenth, I graduated from school.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 20:13   #6 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

Ownaxr6t is it black?

Oh and congratulations on the purchase

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:10   #7 (permalink)

No its mercury silver and i had a right to be superstitious too. after picking it up i had to drive to the gong from sydney approx 130km, drove around for awile while . after finishing what i had to do down there i strarted to head back home(sydney) about halfway back i started to hear a faint thumping noise coming from the drivers side rear that seemed to appear everytime i took my foot off the accelerator(mainly when i was rolling down hills) i didnt think to much of it although i knew i would have to take the car back the next day to see what the problem was, at the time i suspected it was a shocky problem, so i kept driving home to find the noise neither got beter nor worse until i was back in sydney. Befor i arrived home i grabed some food for me and my girl and on my way back the noise suddenly got much much worse until there was a large bang, people on the side of the road turned around it was that loud. I then pulled over, got out and noticed the rear wheel was on a angle. it was dark at the time so i couldnt see that much. i thought there must of been somthing wrong with the rear suspension.
I called ford roadside assistance and told them the car was undrivable. Tow truck came i went home and to sleep. woke up called the ford dealer they told me it had sheered off three wheel studs. by the way i got no apology nor did they offer me a loan car, i had to ask for that. when i picked the loan car up i still got no apology and i also got asked if i had driven over any large bumps. I answered no and even if i did that would not justify my wheel almost falling off. i left the dealer still to have no apology.
Come Monday i called the service division and was told there was a problem with one of the park brake shoes and somehow that caused my wheel studs to be sheered off and my rim was damaged and had to be replaced. I was told the parts would arrive the next day being tuesday(today).
I then called back lunchtime today and was told they sent the wrong rim a 17" i have 18". they tried to reorder one and were told cant get any till january. the service manager then told me he would try and get a spare wheel from a demo car somewhere and my car should be back on the road on wednesday.
I am pissed off of cause mainly because i have not been given a apology. what a joke they call this aftersales service, i think not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub