Suspension.. Oh Joy!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2001, 01:27   #1 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

cool

Well, the deed has been done... my baby has been given a new pair of legs and a hip replacement!

Koni Sports adjustable shocks, King superlow springs, camber kit at front, and general tidy up. Oh baby!! Can't believe the difference. She just sits and stays in the twisty stuff now, far more composed. It just feels so flat now, I can really turn the pace up into the apex compared to before with the tired originals. And under brakes it's superb now, no more lurching onto the nose and tail getting uncertain. Very predictable and very surefooted. I'm looking forward to taking her for an extensive blast up the mountains tomorrow! If anyone here knows the run from Mudgeeraba to Natural Bridge, and through to Murwillumbah, you'll know what I'm talking about :mmm:

She's sitting lower now too, and of course, looking meaner and sweeter than ever :damack: :thumbup:

And best of all, driving out of the place, there's a few nasty gutters to negotiate... she didn't scrape once!! :) :D

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2001, 01:50   #2 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

how much damage did this to your credit card mike.
my pig is starting to develop a squeak in the front, so it sounds like shock replacement time. as they say do the front and the back at the same time.
Old 04-24-2001, 01:53   #3 (permalink)

Done Mike Glad your happy. What have you got the shockers set to ?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 02:21   #4 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Doc - total was $1800, split as follows :
Koni Sports front shocks $600
Same rear shocks $400
Adjustable camber kit on front $140
Koni superlow springs front $150
Same rear $150
Rack end steering $40
Labour $320

Labour was a bit steep, but at least they did a thorough job on it.

HSE2 - yeah the fronts are running currently on 1 full turn from stiffest (which is actually the softest setting!), and the rears on a half turn. I'll be playing around with it a bit I reckon, but it's actually pretty good at the moment. :wink2:
Old 04-24-2001, 02:26   #5 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

thanks for that mike:thumbup:
Old 04-24-2001, 02:49   #6 (permalink)

Yeah when I ran the same shock I had them both down on soft as well
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 06:37   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

The price tag you quoted Mike was why I went for the KYB/Lovells setup instead of Koni/Kings.

For $1400, I got

Front/Rear Superlow Lovells
Front/Rear Heavy Duty KYB Shocks
Adjustable Camber Kit
Reconditioned Steering, complete
Labour

I don't rememebr the breakdown exactly, but from memory the steering rack was $240.

Have you been over some nasty speed humps yet? That's a better test of scrapage.

I've got the same squeak up front too Doc, but when I was last at the suspension joint, he said the front bushes were on their way out, but not dead like my rears (which incidently cost my another $280 installed 6 months later...) - might be shock replacement time, but maybe not:?:

Must agree on your description of the improvement Mike. Considering your car was factory built with a better setup, and probably hasn't done the 265000+ k's my EA had under the belt at the time (so my improvement was quite vast), it goes to show how much a difference that kind of susp. setup makes.
Venom XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 07:39   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Yeah haven't had the worst speed bumps, only a few abrupt gutters. I can remember the ones at Bobbin Head are pretty bad, quite steep and high triangular speed bumps, down near the launching ramps. I think I'll be taking some very "creative" lines over those :confused: :eek: :wink2:
Old 04-24-2001, 07:44   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Hehehe that means it'll be like the speedhumps at uni, me and my mates are always looking for the best, most flattest line over the bastards of things.:)
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 19:57   #10 (permalink)

Leaving a caravan park this morning in a mates Lancer GSR we scraped the rear diff and muffler, funny we didn't do it going in.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub