SV6 delivers!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2004, 20:28   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

SV6 delivers!!

Figures are in the latest motor (which is apparently 200 pages of praise for holden).

SV6 posted some sourcing numbers apparently:

SV6 Performance
0-100km/h: 6.9 s
0-400m: 15.1 s

Thats pretty quick for a N/A six.. Calais V6, Statesman etc are actually going to be mildly quick with the basic six cylinder versions burning the V8 Ghia/Fairlane/LTD in performance!! Ouch that has to hurt when your oppositions six cylinder hack blows away your V8 with its terrible fuel consumption, and its got a extra gear ratio and stability control eletronic brake assist, corner control etc which the Fords don't have either!

"The SV6 ran easily to an indicated 240km/h with plenty more to come..."

Ouch! again, while BA's are limited to 180-210 (230 for XR's) I belive, holden entrusts its customers and its engineering with the full monty. While mainly accademic, its sure to add to the perception that Holden have special kind of horses under bonnet.

From the sound of it.. A 190 spec car is going to be bloody good. Seconds faster, much smoother, even better economy, 5 speed auto or 6 speed manual, top speed to equal a V8. Dam...

I don't think I will get my old man to even testdrive the Ghia.. Put him right into a Calais, it'll blow his socks off. See if I can swing a Berlina for myself.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2004, 20:47   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: SV6 delivers!!

haha try going to Holden!!

Quote:
The page is currently unavailable
Due to current high demand, the page you are looking for cannot be delivered right now.
Hahaha.. Better put the orders in quick boys.
Old 08-10-2004, 20:53   #3 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

If I were to buy a VZ, I'd not do it immediatley. Wait a few months to see if any problems will arise with this new engine. While those performance figures are impressive, its still new, we don't know how good or bad it is yet.

Kudos to Holden for the new V6 and it's performance. Personally, I'll remain Ford faithful (as I did during the AU saga), but I will give them credit where credit is due. They've finally got a good six-cylinder on the market. Last one was the RB30, 17 years ago. SV6 has trumped XR6 for outright grunt, will be interesting if they make an XR6 Turbo competitor out of the HFV6.
Old 08-10-2004, 21:04   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

XR6 turbo competitor is SV8.. Holden has no interest in making a forced induction six cylinder because it has some very potent V8's comming down the line.
Old 08-10-2004, 22:15   #5 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Yeah, that's true. Outright performance wise.. they seem to be doing well. I'd almost want a VZ, but if I bought a Holden, I'd never live it down socially...

*Note to self - don't let any friends see that you would actually consider a Commodore*
Old 08-10-2004, 23:47   #6 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPhido
Figures are in the latest motor (which is apparently 200 pages of praise for holden).

SV6 posted some sourcing numbers apparently:

SV6 Performance
0-100km/h: 6.9 s
0-400m: 15.1 s

From the sound of it.. A 190 spec car is going to be bloody good. Seconds faster, much smoother, even better economy, 5 speed auto or 6 speed manual, top speed to equal a V8. Dam...

I don't think I will get my old man to even testdrive the Ghia.. Put him right into a Calais, it'll blow his socks off. See if I can swing a Berlina for myself.
Seconds faster?

Lets not forget a stock XT goes form 0-100 in 7.11 secs - thats a whole 0.21 of a second slower.

Yes the SV6 is quick but it aint that quick - I really though it would do mid 14s given how much it weighs.
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 23:54   #7 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

Just wait to ford sh!ts them selves over it and pumps out a hipo 6 of their own (not that 182Kw isnt hipo or nothing, but they can do heaps better)

But that just hurts especially when they start modifying them and especially when my Xd can only manage 13's in the 0 to hunge dash....
i feel like im getting left behind every day, but hey 95Kw is something.. right?

How much torque do those sv6's deliver and when, is it at redline like the previous motor?
Trendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 00:07   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

At peak power (6500 rpm) they deliver approximate 82% of peak torque.

Weight is ~1580kg. CTS auto gets something like 6.3 second for the 60 mph dash.. Which means I don't think the Auto SV6 will be any if at all slower and that the SV6 manual and the Calais, Statesman and Caprice are all going to be quicker than Ford counter parts.

Concidering something like 70% of all XR's are auto, and ~95%+ of XT's are auto and 100% of Ghia, fairlanes and LTD's are auto the Manual time doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Origional time posted at LS1.COM.AU was 6.1 for the 100 dash, there are apparently several diffrent times quoted all over the motor magazine article, and I'm sure motor is going to do a comparo between a XR and SV6 on the same day and then we will really see what the situation is.
Old 08-11-2004, 00:26   #9 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

I'll believe the figures when I see back to back comparisons with the Ford. Until then, they are just plucking numbers out of thin air.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 00:45   #10 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPhido
At peak power (6500 rpm) they deliver approximate 82% of peak torque.

Weight is ~1580kg. CTS auto gets something like 6.3 second for the 60 mph dash.. Which means I don't think the Auto SV6 will be any if at all slower and that the SV6 manual and the Calais, Statesman and Caprice are all going to be quicker than Ford counter parts.

Concidering something like 70% of all XR's are auto, and ~95%+ of XT's are auto and 100% of Ghia, fairlanes and LTD's are auto the Manual time doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Origional time posted at LS1.COM.AU was 6.1 for the 100 dash, there are apparently several diffrent times quoted all over the motor magazine article, and I'm sure motor is going to do a comparo between a XR and SV6 on the same day and then we will really see what the situation is.
The 6.1secs was a misprint - it is 6.9 - the Holden engine still has less torque as well 340Nm comapred to 380Nm in the Ford engine.

Who can guess the price of the SV6?? XR6 or XR6T comepetitor?????
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub