T3vsGTSvsSS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2001, 20:06   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

T3vsGTSvsSS

T3 will be vewy vewy fast.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2001, 20:43   #2 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Question

Got a graph of a T3 V's a Clubsport?:s1
Old 10-27-2001, 22:37   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

T3 will be good but it wont be beating the gts in a hurry.

torque is one thing but u still need the kws!

I'll be a bit upset if it isn't line ball with the clubsport though
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 23:29   #4 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I agree,me too little bit worried about whoever will testdrive the new T3,I hope he doesn't come up with somthing like 7.5 sec!
Anyway,ford is always good at delivering power handy.There's an article I read it at drive comparing the AU XR8 with the 195kw hsv,the numbers were 7.10 sec for the xr and 8 sec for the hsv,ford are really good at delivering power at low revs.
GTS is 300kw at 6000 rpm,but the red line at the dash is at 5.500rpm,and the engine cuts off at 6200rpm,so how can anyone who bought the gts can use this power handy???he can if he's ready to sacrifice his engine,no one does that except for a rented car or a car for testdrive at the magazines. The same for clubsportís claimed extra 5 kw,at5.600 rpm,again youíre inside the dangerzone if u want to use that power.
When you will drive a car like T3(hehe,theoretical speaking),the shift will usuall be at just over 5000,then the next gear will be at about 3500. So actually youíre always inside the powerful zone of the car,not the case for GTS.
If someone who works at ford mechanics is here, I hope he gives us some good verification for this matter.
Do u have any torque diagrams for other cars? please send em.
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 00:05   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

I don't think the GTS will get very far away from the T3, at least up to 100kmh. Reasons being:
1. All that torque. Very little between it and the GTS, plus I suspect the T3 is underrated.

2. Grippy IRS. IRS fords have alsways launched very well, witness old T-series being dead level with GTS up to around 80km/h.

3. Less weight. While the T3 is no lightweight, the GTS is a real fat bastard. Weight diff is only 50kg or so, but could tip balance in our favour.

The best time Wheels has ever got out of a T2 is about 6.6 to 100. The best from a GTS is around 5.9, pretty pissweak when you consider what other 300ish sedans get (ie M5 etc). BTW, will the T3 not be up against SV300 not GTS now? Who cares, Bring on the stoush!
HO HO HO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 00:26   #6 (permalink)
The Third Power

this comparison needs to be show @ the wheels not at the engine.
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:13   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by strife
this comparison needs to be show @ the wheels not at the engine.
Unless they were done on the same dyno around the same time it wouldn't matter anyway. Do you suspect a greater drive line loss for the Ford, Strife?

To be honest, the only figure I am going to be intersted in, is the time on the strip. As time goes on I have a feeling that the advertised power rating is going to mean jack
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:23   #8 (permalink)
The Third Power

your right its a whole bunch of things including gearing etc

but same goes with track times as well same driver, conditions, gearing etc
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:32   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by strife
your right its a whole bunch of things including gearing etc

but same goes with track times as well same driver, conditions, gearing etc
Must admit I don't recall if T3 has any changes to the gearing or diff ratio.

I know no one here likes the times wheel' s get but to me they are more real life. Two up, full tanks up and back. Provided both cars are done on the same track on the same day, and some times they don't do that, it what I take the most notice of. Motor certainly do on occasions get the times no question, but it often takes em several goes and a stuffed clutch.

Don't know if anyone can remember the motor T2 article I think it was, when Ford handed the keys to motor just to see what they could do (motor that is). The way it was printed seemed as though Ford didn't realy trust their own efforts on the strip.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 01:49   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

With such a meaty torque curve (more torque at 1800rpm that the 220kw Windsor at full pelt) of the T3 i reckon i'd beat the 250kw spec HSV's especially in real world driving of 80km/h - 120km/h acceleration.
However i don't think it will muscle the 300kw GTS.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub