Tailgating Leaner Drivers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2004, 17:56   #1 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Tailgating Leaner Drivers

Why do people do it! Whenever I drive on my L's, I drive the speed limit in the left lane, yet people STILL tailgate me, for ages and ages. One prick even highbeemed me at night once. WTF! Are people this stupid? Where are police when you need them...

Just had to have my little rant

Old 08-01-2004, 18:35   #2 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Re: Tailgating Leaner Drivers

When I was driving on the Hume in our Fairlane one night (luggage in the back..and 4 people in the car) some dick decided to overtake me, but then thought I had my lights on high beam (that would be where the weight in the back came into the equation). He then proceeded to put his hazards on and slow suddenly, forcing me to steer into the right lane quickly. He then sped up again and I finally got a chance to flash my lights at him. He flashed his hazards acknowledging it and kept driving.

Not the situation an L plater wants to be in.
Old 08-01-2004, 18:55   #3 (permalink)

Welcome to the real world Steffo...

Most drivers will give learners lots of space and be very patient... we all started out the same...

But no matter what, you'll always get someone who thinks they own the road... it's a fact of life mate, not all people are at the same level of evolution or on the same path for that matter.

Take a deep breath and imagine they have a disease... it will help keep you sane.

Getting upset, even or involved with these people will do you no good.
Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 19:01   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a Superoo on IRC

hahahahahaha im one of these people i dont know why but my mates and i find it funny people used to do it to us and those learners will do it to someone else one day
Old 08-01-2004, 19:34   #5 (permalink)
gone

If your getting agro now, god help us when your off on your own.

Patience is the key to safe driving, and you should be learning from these experiences!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 19:50   #6 (permalink)
Poorer than ever!

*Kingy takes his turn on the soapbox*

The real problem is that if the learners end up being tailgated, sped past with the high beams/hazards on etc, some may see that as the way to drive in the future once they're on their Ps. So if we give the learners some courtesy, be nice to them, maybe they won't turn out to be real d**ks once they get their licence. That's my 2c

*Jumps off the soapbox*
kingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 20:02   #7 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingy
*Kingy takes his turn on the soapbox*

The real problem is that if the learners end up being tailgated, sped past with the high beams/hazards on etc, some may see that as the way to drive in the future once they're on their Ps. So if we give the learners some courtesy, be nice to them, maybe they won't turn out to be real d**ks once they get their licence. That's my 2c

*Jumps off the soapbox*
Probably a valid point there.

But you have to agree alot of p platers are dickheads on the road because the are dickheads off the road
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 20:10   #8 (permalink)
Poorer than ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford.boy
But you have to agree alot of p platers are dickheads on the road because the are dickheads off the road
I'll agree with that - I'm probably friends with most of them too!
kingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 20:29   #9 (permalink)

I found that when i went for my L's all the drivers around me where fine... its when i got onto my P's that i got problems.... mainly tailgaters and wankers speeding up past me (usually commodores any where from VB-VL) now i don't drive with my plates up and im fine,, in fact im the one who speeds up to stop people from weaving in and out of traffic and tap my brake pedal when im being tailgated lmfao
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 20:30   #10 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

I give way to L platers (most the time), I have even pulled over to let them complete 3 point turns etc, just sit and wait while they do it, no point rushing them, they have to learn sometime.

My wife the other day was tailgaiting one a little bit, I told her to back off, I said we are not in a rush, they have to learn, give them some space.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub