IT Techies - Whats you opinion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2002, 00:00   #1 (permalink)

IT Techies - Whats you opinion

I just installed DivX, with that GAIN crap (Gator Advertising blah blah), and I now have this annoying problem.

When using internet explorer, If I type in a web address that doesnt exist, I first get the DNS not found error page, then about 1 second later, I get redirected to www.lop.com

I absolutely hate Lop, with all its pop ups, and I am seriously getting P!$$ed off with it !

I have already sent an offenssive email to the Lop Admin, asking how to remove this "Feature", and he signed me up for about 10 lop Mailing lists, and a whole heap of spam mail !
(I dont care about that, as I started a new Yahoo Email Address, just for this purpose !)

Anyways, does any IT guru's know how to remove this "Feature"
I am assuming that it has something to do with the SHDOCLC.DLL
in the system32 dir, and that GAIN has replaced this file with their own hacked version, that has some Redirection code in it !

Any ideas ???

Cheers
Matti
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2002, 00:05   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Mate, go to Lavasoft and download Ad-Aware. It scans your HD for any ad/spyware and lets you delete it.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Or you can download DivX Pro. It asks you for the registration number only if you want to encode a video in DivX format. And there are always key generators to get DivX Pro working fully...
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 00:22   #3 (permalink)
Spoolin' GT40

Re: IT Techies - Whats you opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Xyphoid
I just installed DivX, with that GAIN crap (Gator Advertising blah blah), and I now have this annoying problem.

When using internet explorer, If I type in a web address that doesnt exist, I first get the DNS not found error page, then about 1 second later, I get redirected to www.lop.comCheers
Matti
Had the same problem.

open the registry and do a search for 'lop.com'

You should find 4 entries. And just change the entrie with a site you use to search the web with, ie google.com

should sort you out

esky
esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 00:24   #4 (permalink)

Ah ! You Legend !
That did it !

Thanks for your help !

Cheers
Matti
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub