telstar as 2.0l turbo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 18:01   #1 (permalink)

telstar as 2.0l turbo

hey just wondering if anyone has any info on the ford telstar TX5 AS 2.0l turbo, i have just had the standard engine rebuilt running stock i pulled a 15.072 at 162kph at willowbank. it seems a bit too good for stock, i have however removed the EGR (eexhaust gas return) pipe that connected the throttle with the exhaust manifold (i have heard that this is a anti lag setup where unburnt fuel is fed directly to the exhaust manifold thus when the ccylinder fires it ignites the fuel in the exhaust manifold spooling up the turbo/ or would gas pass from the exhaust manifold to the throttle). I am also looking at putting the 2.2l intake and injector setup,as i currently have singlepoint injection.

any info on mods or the like would really help.
gotojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2003, 19:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: telstar as 2.0l turbo

Geez thats quick, I raced a mates 2.0L Turbo Telstar running like 14psi+ (stock turbo) and he got smoked.....

Actually now that I think about it are you sure that time you got is correct? That trap speed indicates youve got nearly 300hp, and I find that hard to believe, when they dont even have half that when stock.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline

Last edited by Martin; 08-20-2003 at 19:18.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 21:57   #3 (permalink)

no the times are correct the other two runs i did were around the 15.3 mark with a trap speed not far off 160kph.
I do have the slips i can scan them, but yeah i thought that was damn fast too. before i had a suzuki gti that i spent $15,000 bored block, microtec, it was na however but i still only managed a 15.2 in it. the telstar i bought for $1500 with new electric suspension but a blown motor, got it rebuilt by UMR engines for $3000 so i am damn happy with a $5000 on road car that does 15's.
anyway if you guys know any mods give me a holler.
Old 08-20-2003, 22:49   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: telstar as 2.0l turbo

165 kw[240hp?] Falcon can pull mid to low 15's. So I guess it can be done..
From memory the TelstarT have a restrctor in the exhaust to help emissions when engine is cold. When removed it helps no end.. I guess you have an aftermarket exh by now?
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 20:52   #5 (permalink)

actually i am running the standard exhaust still it is well under 2" and press bent, however i have noticed ythe car goes a hell of a lot slower when it is cold and it seems you can only press the accelerator half down without using excess force. but the elbow of the turbo is a big restriction too, hopefully i will be able to spin the turbo around the other way to fit a bigger dump as the power steering is too close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub