"Terror" got T-boned! Bit of insurance advice needed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2004, 06:47   #1 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

"Terror" got T-boned! Bit of insurance advice needed

So i went out in search of food at 11:30 (Friday night), grab some hungry jacks and pull into Shell on Princes and Warrigal Rd.

As im coasting up to the bowser some cokhead in a fukn AlfaRomeo 147 hatch flies in through the Warrigal entrance and straight into me! Less than a month since i got the poor EA back on the road too!

Nothing major, just some dents in the driver door and front gaurd, the guy was alright too.

Now its CLEARLY his fault and hes got comprehensive. The only problem is, ive got nothing on insurance so im a bit worried the insurance company will screw me somehow and make it out to be my fault (i know someone its happened to).

Anyway, im gonna call him tomorow to sort it out, should i

1. Get him to call his insurance company since it was his fault anyway. Maybe i can get a respray at teh same time!

2. Renew my insurance on monday when i get paid (its been a tight few weeks) and make it out like the accident happened during next week after i get reinsured.

And please, im not interested in people telling my im public enemy cause i drove around with no insurance. I had my reasons.

But thats not the end of it!
On teh way home I was getting tailed by this stupid Prelude with EVERY light front and back busted! In pitch black, pouring rain, what a nutter!

Then at the last intersection i noticed a car coming across that wasnt slowing down for the red lights, so i braked a bit and whadaya know, the fukhead runs a red at full blast and wouldhave t-boned my other side if i hadnt slowed for sure.

Goddamn, its a jungle out there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Damage1.jpg (39.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Damage2.jpg (37.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Stoopid Excel.jpg (52.6 KB, 161 views)

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2004, 06:49   #2 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Re: "Terror" got T-boned! Bit of insurance advice needed

Lol, i forgot, that other pic is of this gay 80s Ford Laser with a neon exhaust.

We caught it the other day when me and oneredED cruised up to catch some drift action.

Just another Eseries...
Old 11-12-2004, 07:32   #3 (permalink)

Claim it on his insurance.
When i first got my ea it was un-insured.. guy across the road reversed his camira in to it, hit the front passenger door..
He got his insurance claim form, i got a quote, he gave both to the insurance company, they wanted to see it, they saw it, they sent me the cheque (for $1,480) i signed the cheque over to the crash repair.
All fixed.
Old 11-12-2004, 15:12   #4 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Don't try to say it happened on another day. as soon as stories (and dates) dont match up kiss any chance of getting the car fixed goodbye.
Old 11-12-2004, 15:25   #5 (permalink)
Often has bolts left over

dont try and say it happained later, you can go to jail for insurance fraud :/
Old 11-12-2004, 16:03   #6 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yeh thanks, after a bit of ringing around im pretty confident this cant be turned against me so ill be proceeding with a quote on monday.

Just another Eseries...
Old 11-12-2004, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

that's bad luck. Hopefully they don't try and stooge ya.
dpk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 18:49   #8 (permalink)

Ask the servo if they have a record of the accident, they just about all have cameras and if you are lucky they may still have it recorded depending how long they keep each tape. Im not really sure if they do record each day, im just assuming they do incase they need to look back for evidence of people who have nicked off without paying.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 19:46   #9 (permalink)
heard it before!

it shouldn't matter if you don't have insurance and its not your fault, but if the other person had no insurance also and no money it would be another story.
i got hit the other day funnily enough(funny for me) driving my POS XEute a chick in a 93 laser ran into the back of me (i was doing 60kmh she was going maybe 70) pulled over to see the damage(hoping it would be enough to write off my car, as its going to be replaced soon) but SFA a scratch on my bumper. her cars was far worse with blinker gauard and bumper damage to i said lucky it wasn't my new ute bye bye.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:46   #10 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yea thanks for the advice guys.

I decided to proceed as normal and called teh guy today to get the details of his insurance company and cover. What a surprise, he sounded very shocked when i told him it was his fault! Its alright though, i cant think of any possible scenario where my side could be damaged as well as his front where it would be my fault.

He rekons i ran into him (sideways somehow?!?!?) and couldnt handle the argument so hes left it to the insurance company now which is probably better.

Anyway, ill go get a statutory declaration done monday as well as a quote from the panel beaters. ill post updates on how it goes.
I suppose the only good thing about being poor is you got nothing to lose!

Just another Eseries...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub