Theft of cars in Geelong - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2002, 18:58   #1 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

Theft of cars in Geelong

Hi all,

Just a warning to any members in Geelong, if you park you car at the Geelong or Geelong South railway stations take extra precautions. A friend of mine had his 1990 Fairlane stolen a few months ago and how hea has just had his 97 VT SS stolen last night, this is with all the security camera and lights. This is the 4th person I know who has had their car stolen from the railway station car parks in Geelong.

Sounds like its not just kids taking cars for a joy ride, there might be something dodgy going on as a VT is not really the easiest car to break into, I would imagine.

It makes me not want to park my XR6 in town if people are targeting this type of cars.

Krusic
krusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2002, 19:11   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

mate, id never park my car at the train station as i would be driving to melbourne. Well I dont have a car for now but when I do I wont'. Anyway, I know of many poeples whos cars have been atacked at sth Geelong, and its not just at stations, it's allover the city on sat nights.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 19:14   #3 (permalink)

to add another warning,

any one in canberra this weekend keep a good eye on your car. there have been huge increases in car theft over the summernats weekend over the last few years. apparently groups of theves that come down just to steal other peoples pride and joy while they are in town and out of the garage.

BE CAREFULL!!!
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 21:45   #4 (permalink)

There was an article not so far back on the ten most stolen cars in Victoria. The first spot was the VT Commodore.
Some bloke was telling me that GM's smartlock thing isn't so smart after all. :dead:
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 17:43   #5 (permalink)
How bloody Hot is it ??!!

i think the next ones after the VT were the VR and VS and every joyriders favourite, the VN,
I think Commodore held about 90% of the top 10 cars. Wish i could remember where i saw that..

Fal con (flk on, fl-, fkon) n.
characterized by their long wings and their method of hunting, which is to rise above and swoop down on their prey.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 17:52   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chaps
i think the next ones after the VT were the VR and VS and every joyriders favourite, the VN,
I think Commodore held about 90% of the top 10 cars. Wish i could remember where i saw that..
Thats right bro it was mostly commodores from what i remember of it. Wonder what the VX is like? Oh and i think it was an article in the Herald Sun.
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 20:20   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Yeah, my old mans VT has been broken in to twice.
The rear door quarter window is simply held on by the weather strip. You can literally peel back the weather strip with your finger nails, and the window just falls out.

Basically, the theives pop your boot, and take the spare 17" out. Takes about 30 seconds to do, but do it to 4 cars, and you got yourself some fully sic mags for your bankstown boys gemini.

This is a very very common and serious problem with VT's, and the only fix I have heard so far is to use that black window sealant on the back quarter windows.
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub