They scratched my wheel!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2002, 03:18   #1 (permalink)
SM

They scratched my wheel!!!

Gotta share this one with everyone. When in Melbourne over the X-mas break the porter at the motel I stayed at put a scratch on one of my rims, it was about 5cm long and 2-3mm wide, I only just noticed it though. I ripped it up the poor lad and then had a pleasant discussion with the duty manager about caring for peoples property. He simply suggested that I get a quote for repauring the damage and sending it to them. Well the wheel wasn't scatched when I bought it so replacement was the only option I thought so I sent them the quote.

1 scratch cost them $530 and I still have to look pretty hard to find it!!!
SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2002, 03:37   #2 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

My wife was driving our old AU S and drove past a council grass slasher. She was heading in the opposite direction across two lanes of traffic and was hit by a rock thrown up by the blades. It hit the rear quarter panel so hard it almost pierced it, it looked like someone had fired a shot at the car. If it had hit a person it would have killed them. Anyway she stopped the bloke and showed him the damage, he said to give him 2 hours then ring the council as by that stage he would have reported it. We were told to send in a quote, and a week later they sent us a cheque for the damage without even looking at it.

I said to my wife afterwards that if we ever get any damage again it might be worth driving around to look for another grass slasher! I wish that I'd taken a photo of the impact, it was a beauty!
Old 02-08-2002, 03:52   #3 (permalink)
Future Art Student™

Worst thing like that I've heard of is the council guy spraying tar onto the road and waving at a passing car, forgetting he had that tar spraying thing (I dunno what it's proper name is) in his hand...
Hot tar plus new car paint and glass? It wasn't pretty. Or cheap.
XR8Rebel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:55   #4 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

There was an incident in Perth a few years ago where someone forgot to close of a lane that was being, or had just been, sprayed with fresh tar. Cost them several sets of new car tyres.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub