Things that Ford aren't doing as well as they should - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2001, 17:38   #1 (permalink)

Things that Ford aren't doing as well as they should

Now I don't want this thread to become a bashing thread but I have some things on my mind.

In todays drive section the new XR8 get a mention. Nothing we don't already know but the last sentence has my attention.

"Ford's spokesmen continue to fend off speculation that it will drop a 5.7 litre versionof the windsor V8 into T series later this year"

This is one week after Rick Naylor confirmed the 250+ kw unit.

Add this to the rumour that Tickford were upset by the 300+ and that Tickford did not seem to know the 220kw XR8 was a go.

Even if this is all true Ford can't continue to let this stuff surface into the public spot light. In my opinion this looks as though the seperate departments aren't on the same page. Team work and a common goal with no hidden agendas is what is required to get Ford back to where they belong
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2001, 18:08   #2 (permalink)
gone

Ian,

I loved to know where the info for this article was obtained, was it another HSV paid employee???

All I can say is that contradiction like that only fuels the many posibilities of Ford, or does it confirm some miths.

It just goes to confirm that Tickford is not ready to challange the HSV brand name and maybee their time in Australia is over.

Do we know how many new employees Ford has in its development team since the last AU release, or even its T series conception? I dare say Ford may take the bull by the horns and produce its own "enhanced Vehicle" in future and strongly beleive that the Tickford brand name is slowly dying
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 18:19   #3 (permalink)

I agree 100% that that is what it looks like and if it is true they want a giant kick up the backside.
Old 05-10-2001, 18:23   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
I agree 100% that that is what it looks like and if it is true they want a giant kick up the backside.
Ah-men. Tickford equals performance Falcons. Full Stop. Tickford can take on HSV, they just need the backing to do it.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 18:33   #5 (permalink)

I wasn't actually commenting on the value of the brand as such, but you are right Fm, ,but more so about the appearance of having ones **** together.
Old 05-10-2001, 18:45   #6 (permalink)

While we have shifted the focus to the brand issue, I have this to add. Ford on a global scale, in my opinion handles brand marketing very well. Take the PAG as an example. Fords handling of both Jaguar and Aston and Volvo and Land Rover show that as a company Ford truely understand the value of a success image built up over time. Ford Austalia don't seem to have the same understanding. Maybe I am overstating the Tickford brand name that the average person has of Tickford. I do know that of the surveys that I have been involved in the flying wings were the only thing people saw Ford had that was a good thing. Maybe that has changed now. Ford are lucky in that they have two avenues in the performance market. Tickford and Herrod. Herrod should serve as an avenue for people who want to go that extra bit, but just renaming or shifting focus between companies just undermines the last decades work. It took HSV 10 years to get to the level they are at now.
Old 05-10-2001, 19:16   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

You're dead right about getting one's sh*t together HSE. I don't think Joe Shmoe is really concerned about the relationship between Ford, Tickford and Herrod but by crikey as Ford enthuisiasts we sure as hell are.
For the Joe Shmoes out there I think that if they see a good Falcon they'll go and buy it. They don't give a rats about who's not telling who what, if you know what I mean.
From our point of view, we (and I'm sure the auto industry for that matter) would like to see an approach from Head Office that is concise, to the point and focused on what they want to achieve. Not "oh we're going to do this" and not tell the company that's actually going to do it.

I think Ford's brand image worldwide is one of the best in the world. It's one area GM really struggle with thank christ.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub