Things you'd like to see - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2002, 17:49   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Things you'd like to see

After hitting around 140k to get around a a few clumps of speed-challenged morons in the overtaking lane at the weekend, and thinking all the while that's your licence if you get caught, I had these fantasies to amuse myself with while following the next moron at 70k in a 100 zone on a single lane each way road.

1. If I got pinged on the above event, I successfully sue the cops for failing to enforce the "keep left unless overtaking law" (I do not regard as "overtaking" e.g. just pulling into the only overtaking lane for miles and then keeping pace with the car on the left at 80k in a 100 zone until dropping behind them when the lanes merge) and the cops have to pay my fine. It's impossible, but so is me having a fling with Suzy Wilkes and I still fantasize about that.

2.A law that makes people doing less than the limit allow all following cars to pass when followed for more than one minute by two or more cars, which would get rid of the great tails of 30, 40, 60 frustrated drivers currently forced to follow these clowns as they meander through the countryside. This would require said clowns to discover the location and use of the shiny thing up near the middle top of the windscreen, so it's probably doomed.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2002, 18:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: Things you'd like to see

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
2.A law that makes people doing less than the limit allow all following cars to pass when followed for more than one minute by two or more cars, which would get rid of the great tails of 30, 40, 60 frustrated drivers currently forced to follow these clowns as they meander through the countryside. This would require said clowns to discover the location and use of the shiny thing up near the middle top of the windscreen, so it's probably doomed.
to prevent the above from happening, i'd like to see a roof-mounted grenade launcher on ford's options list. instead of honking your horn, or risking your life on the other side of the road, you could just blow them off the road and be on your way!
Old 02-25-2002, 18:29   #3 (permalink)
Dreamer

i had this problem over the weekend also, i always sit on cruise control in the country and around town, and then you catch up to slow buggers, and you have to use your foot, its a pain in the arse, your leg gets so tired country driving behind some slow bugger

a landrover was hooning along, and then would slow right down, then hoon along, and slow down, and bend in the road, oh i better slow down, staright, i better munch the go pedal

another one, i was cruising along at 110, and a VS was behind me, would munch it going down hills, and be right up my arse, and then slow down on the straight.. what an idiot, tho the only way to catch the ford was to much it down the hill :D

trailers, and caravans are the worst mongrels... they have to go slow, but atleast pull to the side of the road and let people over take.

theres nothing scarier than overtaking people tho, esp when you go for a big 4 car overtake, you dump it into 2nd, run 2nd to revline (about 140) 3rd kicks in, and you run that to about 160, just to overtake the slow buggers, if your caught (due to the slow wankers) by the cops, thats a loss of license, or a 6 point $350 fine

its crap
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 19:46   #4 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Guys, you've got it all wrong. :s3 What you do is buy a big, torquey 4WD (see 4WD thread) with a chunky bullbar and you encourage slow drivers to speed up. Nudge nudge wink wink. With nudge being the operative word.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. HUMMER!!!

Slow drivers
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 22:12   #5 (permalink)
Currently in Brasil

I dont know if any of you have ever used rockets as kids, but theyre great fun and go VERY far in the air.. ive always wanted to mount a rocket in each of my 'ducts' in the bumper of my EF, and launch them at slow drivers on the fws!
ghentboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:35   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ghentboy
I dont know if any of you have ever used rockets as kids, but theyre great fun and go VERY far in the air.. ive always wanted to mount a rocket in each of my 'ducts' in the bumper of my EF, and launch them at slow drivers on the fws!
james bond style, ay?
Old 02-26-2002, 04:47   #7 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Sydneys full of morons driving around (xcept ford drivers ofcourse) They usually consist of

1. New rice burners that take 4 hours to park and thats WITH power steering AND a rear spoiler the size of a small car !!! (must be all the downforce i guess LOL)

2. A bunch of multi coloured shopping trolleys (with tachos and gauges all over their bonnets) doing 40k's in an 80 zone AND blocking all lanes might i add. (yes very intelligent).

3. Suzuki Swifts trying to race my 302 (still trying to figure that 1 out).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub