Tickford lift your game - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 03:04   #1 (permalink)
rexd000

Tickford lift your game

begin rant
First off Tickford mechanically you produce fine cars, however your customer communication requires serious work.

Way back at the Sydney motorshow you showed us a beautiful new ute, the XR8 Pursuit 250. I could not wait to get one, and had people at two dealers and on the floor at Tickford finding out about it for me. In November I paid my deposit on a vehicle for which I still had no price or detailed spec sheet. But I knew it would be good, and I would have to pay a good amount of cash for it.

Then pricing was released, but we don't know if we are going to include the tonneau cover. Eventually a price for the tonneau cover is included in the Press kit. Which incidentally is significantly different to the Production model, at $2750 you really should be doing the shapely one on the car in Sydney. It better have rubber seals and be equal to the best aftermarket covers for this price. But I still ticked the box, as I liked the look of the car with it.

New Year comes around and once you guys get back from holidays things start moving. My dealer gets a SIDO number and build date from Ford. My car was built in early Feb and at Tickford by mid-Feb.

I even did a tour with Tony Chesterman and saw my car awaiting the transformation. At this time we were waiting on some of the bodykit, but it should not be more than 2-3 weeks away. As you can imagine I am getting fairly excited at this stage, just like a kid at Christmas.

Even the Press kit stated release date in early March. But where is my car, still sitting at Tickford. I know why it is there, but Tickford didn't tell me. They didn't tell my dealer, in fact some dealers are still using the bodykit excuse. Funny that as the bodykit doesn't look different between the Auto and Manual. So if it was bodykit then the autos would be sitting at the Factory still.

What pisses me off is I had to go through one of my girlfriend's friends who works at Tickford to find out why my car has not been delivered. Vibration issues with the new two-piece tailshaft.

Now why could you not tell the dealers this?

What's more my dealer suggested that I contact you and voice my concern. Generally during the day I am flat out so I decided to utilise your website to "Contact" you. Nice form you have there, so I filled it in and sent a nice polite note to the other end of that process. One week later no reply. Suspecting that my note ended in the Recycle Bin, I sent another one complaining about your communication and asking for a reply before I decided to utilise the forum to vent my spleen. I suggest you have your web design company check where the hell this info is going.

I have a new method of update running for my vehicle, weekly SMS updates on progress. But I know someone there, I pity other customers such as 250 Pursuit, he only has the dealer for his info. I wonder if TE50 owners are treated like mushrooms, they pay the same for their vehicle. fte is a really good idea, but maybe manufacturing should become part of the 'experience' idea. At the moment all i am experiencing is a long wait.

So after all this how can you make me happy. Let us know what the hold up is, what you are doing about it and when you expect to start delivering vehicles. Maybe a letter the dealers that can be send or give to each waiting owner, or an email.

You could even use your website to give info based on SIDO number, utilise the technology to talk to your customers. Make us part of the vehicle production, engage us in interactive commerce, build on customer loyalty.
/end rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2002, 03:33   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

It's a funny place Ford in many ways - at times they can communicate you to death (admittedly the minority of the time) and at other times you wonder if anyone is home.

Case in point - I figure I have probably filled out a dozen or so Customer Satisfaction Surveys that obviously disappear into some enormous database never to be seen again but I keep filling them out in the hope that someone is listening. (Bit like the people looking for life in the universe really).

Then, out of the blue, I get a phone call from some third party Company that actually runs the surveys asking for further comment after I canned the AU1 XR seats as being worse than park benches. This eventually led to a call from s real LIVE Ford person in the CAC who asked a few more questions and then sent a warm/fuzzy letter. I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt and assume it led to some change somewhere in the system.

It's obviously difficult for any large organisation to effectively communicate with thousands of Customers and although FTE are better at the direct communication (having a small customer base helps) there is still some way to go. The reality is that the dealers are the interface between the customer and the Company yet if you listen to them they are kept in the dark even more than we are.

Usually the first thing a dealer knows about new product is an article in the bloody Age - and then it takes 10 weeks to get pricing info. Like redX000 I ordered my T Series without knowing the price and this is simply an unacceptable practice.

If we were still living in the days of telegraph and pony express I'd be prepared to forgive this poor information flow but we don't. Ford have already got an excellent dealer ordering and availability system as well as a very effective Video Conferencing system and these need to be better utilised so that dealers can be kept informed. Won't stop the unhappy customers escalating their problems to the CAC Black Hole but it's a start.

It won't stop me from buying the product - mostly because I have a great dealer and their people do the best they can to get the info I need but I'm sure it has and will lead some punters away from Ford dealerships and into the other ones.

The questions raised by redX deserve an answer as the deafening silence he's received so far is a poor example of building customer relationships. Unless I misread the basic concept of FTE it's aim was to enhance the customer experience - and from my viewpoint (at the dealer level) it has done that but it is time for the people in the Glass house to realise that this should apply throughout the Company and not just at the coal face.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 03:56   #3 (permalink)
gone

Good thread

Good discussion

I couldnt agree more with the issues you raised, and can just imagine how you feel!

Would it be great that if the demand for the vehicle was there, production would be increased, why release it and make us the loyal Ford buyers wait!

Im ranting.....

Hope you get some attention from posting on the forum!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 04:00   #4 (permalink)
CRAZY TYPHOON DRIVER

UTE

Hey Rexd 000 ring me now i will tell you a little story i was at tickford 3 days last week my number is 0409 784 287
ring me now
250 PURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 04:11   #5 (permalink)
gone

Re: UTE

Quote:
Originally posted by 250 PURSUIT
Hey Rexd 000 ring me now i will tell you a little story i was at tickford 3 days last week my number is 0409 784 287
ring me now
Hey Not fair

We want to know as well!!!!
:oo1: :oo1: :oo1: :oo1: :oo1: :oo1:
Old 04-29-2002, 04:11   #6 (permalink)

rexd000,
Give me a call tomorrow at the office (03) 9300 7100 and we'll have a chat if you have a minute.
Sorry you've been screwed about. Let me have your SIDO. We started releasing manuals today. Bye the way, your girlfriends friend got the story wrong too but I guess that's the way legends are made.
Have fun (soon)
Happy Jack
Old 04-29-2002, 04:14   #7 (permalink)
The Third Power

laminge feel free to ring me
412 3441 288

:s3
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 04:17   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally posted by David Flint
rexd000,
Give me a call tomorrow at the office (03) 9300 7100 and we'll have a chat if you have a minute.
Sorry you've been screwed about. Let me have your SIDO. We started releasing manuals today. Bye the way, your girlfriends friend got the story wrong too but I guess that's the way legends are made.
Have fun (soon)
Happy Jack
HJ, your counterpart at HSV (John Cretin.. errr.. Crennan), could learn more than one or two things from your admirable approach!
Old 04-29-2002, 04:20   #9 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by strife
laminge feel free to ring me
412 3441 288

:s3
Dammm

I rang the number and I think I have a date lined up with a big foot?!?!?!
:oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1: :s3 :s3 :oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1: :oo1: :crazy1:
Old 04-29-2002, 04:28   #10 (permalink)
rexd000

David,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will try to call tomorrow, look forward to hearing the real story. Sorry I had to resort to posting my woes here, but it I felt there were serious issues that needed some attention.

Good to hear that the manuals are on the way out the door. I was never opposed to the time it was taking, just the fact that nobody thought to contact the customers. As my boss always says to us "Proactive, not reactive". It would appear this already applies in manufacturing at Tickford, hence taking the time to ensure the vehicle is right.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub