Tickford News - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2001, 22:19   #1 (permalink)

Tickford News

Guys, some most excellent news. Checkout our web site
www.tickford.com.au for full details. Prodrive have acquired 100% of the shares of Tickford Ltd. Australia remains unchanged but resources now are awesome.
David Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2001, 22:22   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Any idea on how this will affect the T's and XR's David? What sort of resources are they bringing to the fold?
I've read the press release and checked out the Prodrive site and I must say it all looks quite exciting... :D :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 22:30   #3 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Great news David. Holden/HSV should watch their backs because Ford/Tickford are back in a serious way :)

David , I have a new slogan for Tickford "HSV, I JUST BEAT ONE" :D
Old 05-21-2001, 22:42   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00
David , I have a new slogan for Tickford "HSV, I JUST BEAT ONE" :D
How about... "Tickford, Drive the difference"

Then again, I like the one on the buildings on Glenbarry Rd.. "Tickford, The Art of Performance" :D :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 23:27   #5 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Well this is a suprise. I must admit I know nothing about Prodrive, but I now intend to do some research on them. How will this affect Tickfords relationship with Ford Oz:confused: I thought Ford Oz were 100% share holders!

Does this now mean that Tickford will have the freedom to build/mod the cars the way we have hoped for for ages?
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 00:11   #6 (permalink)
Australian xr8 Member

Pro-drive are behind Subaru in the w.r.c. W.R.X
Old 05-22-2001, 00:26   #7 (permalink)

Prodrive has bought Tickford Ltd (TL)
TL owns amongst other things, Tickford Australia.
Tickford Australia owns 51% of Tickford Vehicle Engineering (TVE).
Ford owns the remaining 49%.
TVE will remain as it was. Name will be unchanged and Tickford branding will be used on Ford vehicles in the region.
All other Tickford companies are independent operators free to work with any client. TVE is Ford specific and proud to be so.
The benefit to TVE is that the increased expertise of the enlarged Prodrive group can now be brought to bear on Australian product (so long as it is affordable).
There will be no conflict since con******cies such as Prodrive and Tickford set themselves up to deal with many customers at the same time. Confidentiality is the key to this.
The issue in Australia is the strength of the Tickford brand. We must do nothing to dilute that strength or confuse it. Prodrive agree with this and as a result, Tickford is very very secure in Australia. Have fun
Old 05-22-2001, 00:34   #8 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

David
you quote "confidentiality" as the key. if confidentiality agreements are drawn up, as per a particular Tickford arm in Australia or anywhere, so to speak, PLUS, you have independant operators in Australia and the rest of the world. Under what country law do they come under, if a dispute arises. Or does it fall back on the parent company (TL) as being the first party.
Old 05-22-2001, 00:46   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
David
you quote "confidentiality" as the key. if confidentiality agreements are drawn up, as per a particular Tickford arm in Australia or anywhere, so to speak, PLUS, you have independant operators in Australia and the rest of the world. Under what country law do they come under, if a dispute arises. Or does it fall back on the parent company (TL) as being the first party.
In our experience, such agreements are drawn up by the customer and are subject to the law applicable to the country/state from which the order originates.
What a BORING question!!
Have MORE fun!
Old 05-22-2001, 00:50   #10 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Okay lets have some fun.
what would you like to see as the powerplant for the new AV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub