Tonka Trucks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2002, 15:11   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Tonka Trucks

Just found out in Motor that Tonka have sold 250 Million Yellow trucks and heavy machinery.

I regrete giving mine away as i had the Original Tonka Truck made in the US (was a 4x4 Jeep) and you can take the wheels off.
Trust me it was blooody strong. I swear they don't build toys like they used to.

Anyone else owned the Original Tonka Truck???/

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2002, 15:22   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY
Anyone else owned the Original Tonka Truck???/
Shyte yeah! Many hours of fun to be had out in the sandpit with Tonka trucks!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 15:28   #3 (permalink)

Fark yeh! Used to love them! I had a bulldozer, a low loader truck, a dump truck and a few others that I can't remember. I remember going through an "Army" phase when I was obsessed by everything millitary and I painted them up in camoflouge colours.

My other favourite toys when I was a kid was a Corgi Batmobile, I was devasted when I lost it down the drain. I remember bawling my eyes out because of this and pleading with Mum to buy another one but she never did. This is the reason I'm the sick and twisted person I am today!

Also there were these car things called SSP Racers. A plastic car thing with a toothed nylon cable thing you fed through the middle of the car to a cogged wheel and then you pull the cable (like starting a lawnmower) and set the thing on the ground and it races off. Except when you point it into the BBQ fire...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 15:28   #4 (permalink)
1 bad 302

Is there anything else to match it in the "sandpit"?

What about the ford one?? F250(just changed subject.hehe):s6:
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 15:35   #5 (permalink)

hmmm... maybe it's a bit before my time... when i was a kid, i played with lego and RC cars! i had a crapload of little toycars as well, but no heavy earth-moving machinery.
Old 02-11-2002, 15:44   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
hmmm... maybe it's a bit before my time... when i was a kid, i played with lego and RC cars! i had a crapload of little toycars as well, but no heavy earth-moving machinery.
I had those as well, Lego kicks ass, Matchbox cars.
Another toy i liked which wasn't widely known was this thing called Link Kits contain a heap of links and connectors and you can make cubes etc etc.

With model cars and RC cars i still play with them to this day. :s2: :s2: :s2:
Yeah yeah i'm still abit of a kid.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
Old 02-11-2002, 15:56   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EF_Falcon_GuY

I had those as well, Lego kicks ass, Matchbox cars.
Another toy i liked which wasn't widely known was this thing called Link Kits contain a heap of links and connectors and you can make cubes etc etc.

With model cars and RC cars i still play with them to this day. :s2: :s2: :s2:
Yeah yeah i'm still abit of a kid.
hey, aren't we all?! haha
i love my model cars! i'm actually getting a display cabinet to put them in so i can take them out of the boxes and not get dust all over the cars.

gotta check the lego website - i wonder what have they got these days!
Old 02-11-2002, 16:04   #8 (permalink)

bloody hell!!!
times sure have changed!
get a load of this! every lego-freak's dream:

http://www.lego.com/advanced/supercar.asp

http://www.lego.com/eng/offroaders/flash/default.asp

that's it! i'm getting me some lego! laugh all you like, but i've gotta have me some of that! hehe
Old 02-11-2002, 16:23   #9 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

That supercar rocks - might have to get me one too.

All my old lego is at my mums house where she is keeping it for when I have kids (fat chance) - so I guess it will go to my nephew.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 16:32   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Woow, just looked at that supercar Lego, that is friggin awesome, not to mention the mods that can done. Hours of fun i say.

I had a technic lego F1 car from way back about the same size. That had steering, removable cowling engine exhaust etc.
I've since modified it to my own custom racer model and still got it sitting on my shelf at home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub