Too good to be true....? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 16:00   #1 (permalink)

Too good to be true....?

Hi all, you know when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is?

A guy around the corner from me has an awesome XY GT rep that I have long admired. Now there's the possibility of picking it up for $5500...
The car has loads of security, but loads of good bits on it; Simmons mags, teardrop mirrors, GT fuel filler, spots, etc etc. It is parked on the street and he claims the only reason it stays there is because everyone knows it's his....... As soon as it isn't people will apparently be crawling all over it to rip bits or all of it off. I live in flats with a shared underground car park and he advised that that is nowhere near enough security...

Now; I am suspicious that i I buy this he is setting me up for an ' I told you so' or even further, he is testing me with these comments to see if I'm going to heed his warning - if I don't then it would be justified to tax me?

...and even if this weren't the case the worry would keep me awake at night (as opposed to dreaming about having it which is what keeps me awake now)

That being said I am looking at moving in the next couple of months, so maybe get it and store it until then?

What's your guy's gut instincts?
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2004, 16:28   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Too good to be true....?

get it checked out by RAC(?) and see what they think of it. $5500 is pretty decent price wise i would think. if your worried about it going missing after you buy it (where it be a set up or not) then take it to your parents, friends, relative or where ever that is away from that location till you move. if its a decent car then fear shouldnt stop you buying it.
Old 11-14-2004, 15:25   #3 (permalink)

I would buy it and put it away somewhere. I've never seen a GT Rep so low. If you don't buy it, Let me know because I will!!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 15:39   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
I would buy it and put it away somewhere. I've never seen a GT Rep so low. If you don't buy it, Let me know because I will!!
LOL - you confused me then - I thought 'he's in VIC - how the fck does he know it's slammed to the ground.....'

Understand now. Unlikely to get it myself anyway - his mate has first refusal and it's 95% getting it. If not then I am. Then I can post pics and make everyone real jealous..... :oP
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub