took them long enough... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 16:44   #1 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

took them long enough...

Well about 3 months back or so i recieved my much infuriating fine because i 'had my music in my car up too loud' and well i figured stuff it im not gunna pay it straight away lol and yeah well FINALLY i get the letter last friday saying its been upped $40 and if i dont pay it by september i go to jail for three days and the fine goes up a further $100 or so, how stupid is that crap! anyways its time to pay my due's and ill be paying it tomorrow lunch time lol, anyone else here every been pinged for something as lame as having ur stereo up too loud?

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2004, 16:54   #2 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Re: took them long enough...

May I ask what the point of waiting was? You cost yourself $40 for nothing.
Old 08-16-2004, 16:54   #3 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Oh and that fine is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Australia's State Governments all suck.
Old 08-16-2004, 17:03   #4 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

kos im a trainee and didnt have the funds readily available to pay the fine and basically, couldnt be bothered paying it, and yes i agree its the biggest load of BS around, the cops were real smartasses about it too when they got me, prolly kos i had a carload of drunk mates but yeah i didnt even have it up loud thats what gets me

"Hey, it compiles! Lets sell it" - What Microsoft probably says about all its products.

If what i'm saying isn't making any sense, im not drunk, im just like this all the time..............ok so maybe im drunk, but thats beside the point...
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 18:41   #5 (permalink)

XF Dude, if you don't fight it.... shame on you. Get yourself a lawyer and fight it. 1. I have never heard of such a law in the Handbook or advertized on TV 2. How do you define what "too loud" is? Did he have a small gadget that measures how many decibells its output is? was there a thing to say how many decibells is the legal limit? Fight it!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 18:52   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Just like the dude who copped a $30 fine for not wearing a helmet... if you think hiring a lawyer (and paying for his/her time and court costs) is worth getting off a $40 fine (or $80 if an extra $40 was added to it for late payment) then go for it.

My advice: suck it up and pay it...
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 18:57   #7 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

It sucks but having your stereo cranking comes under noise polution. Ill have mine up loud sometimes but if I spot I cop ill put it right down. Ill assume that your stereo is aftermarket cause if its stock thats pretty lame for the cop to ping you.
gabbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 19:41   #8 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

If you fight it you are wasting your time and money.

Has anyone heard of the EPA?

There is a law to how loud thigs can be. There is nothing 'lame' about it.

If you cop a fine for doing something wrong, then you pay it. It's YOUR fault!
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 20:12   #9 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Mmm, I nearly had a similar thing once, but luckily enough the cop saw the humour (if any) in it, and basically told me if I was going to have my music up that loud, to make sure i fix the boot rattle..
Old 08-16-2004, 20:15   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Just like the dude who copped a $30 fine for not wearing a helmet... if you think hiring a lawyer (and paying for his/her time and court costs) is worth getting off a $40 fine (or $80 if an extra $40 was added to it for late payment) then go for it.

My advice: suck it up and pay it...
Don't pay it, get a lawyer - the cops will have to pay the legal fees a good lawyer may threaten them to refer the matter to a QC then they will really freak out about the costs when they know they are in the wrong. Do it out of principle. Not for the sake of saving $40
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub